My PS fan-art thread.

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

Rage

Rage

View Gallery Page

Re: My PS fan-art thread.

Postby MrKite » Sat Sep 4, '10, 9:51 am

I thought you didn't like Rika, Lyla? Maybe I'm thinking of somebody else. Say, have you ever done any pics of Shir?
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby Lyla2284 » Sat Sep 4, '10, 9:56 am

I was 'forced' to do Rika for my game. As a normal fan-art, I normally don't do her, but this particular art is for my game, so I had no choice. ^^

And no, the only PS2 character's I've done so far is Nei and Rolf. Shame on me.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby MrKite » Sat Sep 4, '10, 10:20 am

Oh. You could probably make Shir really sexy if you try. :) Amy too for that matter. :) I never even knew you drew Nei or Rolf. Remember once again my absence from here for a while.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Postby Xander » Sat Sep 4, '10, 5:00 pm

The Demi art isn't so bad. At least it has all the fingers. The compendium image had less fingers showing anyway, which looked a little odd. But it seems to be a thing of the artist. A few pages on and I saw the picture of Zio had a hand almost identical in design. :o
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby Lyla2284 » Mon Sep 27, '10, 6:14 pm

I haven't updated this thread in a while, so all my small PS-related fan art goes here. The above image is an enlarged image of a sketch I found in the Compendium.

And here's a sketch of Lyle that I did in about 45 min. My best PS3 art will go in a separate thread. It's one character no-one has ever attempted to draw on this site...

All two images were done in pencil, then I just up the contrast because a pencil sketch is always faint if one tries to scan it in, and drawn in the space of about... 3 hours?
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby MrKite » Wed Sep 29, '10, 3:57 pm

Excellent job as always! I'm guessing that the characters in the first one are supposed to be fan characters, and their designs are based on already existing characters, yes? That's the impression I'm getting at least.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Postby Lyla2284 » Thu Sep 30, '10, 3:45 pm

MrKite wrote:Excellent job as always! I'm guessing that the characters in the first one are supposed to be fan characters, and their designs are based on already existing characters, yes? That's the impression I'm getting at least.

No, it's based off an actual image in the Compendium. Here.

Off-topic now... a little rant that I couldn't resist typing. ^^

I find both Kyra and Chaz's height in the Compendium a big lie, though... Kyra is supposed to be 171cm tall, and yet, in PS4, her walking sprite and her battle sprite is shorter than Rika's. And she ( Rika ) is 168cm... -_- If Shorty was 176cm, his sprite would be exactly the same height as Alys and Hahn's, but clearly, it isn't. Then again, I can't argue with the people who designed these characters. Oh well. Every gem has it's flaws, and PS4 is as far from being perfect as you could go. Hmmph. And fans still regard it as the greatest in the series. Pfft. Over-rated piece of garbage.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Sep 30, '10, 4:13 pm

Nice redrawings, Lyla. I have to agree with you about all the height inconsistencies regarding the PSIV characters. Always seemed...off to me. Except for Demi, that is. :lol: Though every time I see that compendium image with all the girls I ALWAYS laugh at how much of a shrimp she is.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lyla2284 » Thu Sep 30, '10, 4:29 pm

Too true. I always burst out in loud laughter when I realise how short that adorable android really is. The Compendium drawing is pretty funny if you look at it closely. Kyra seems to be observing Demi, as if to say "Why are you so short?". And Demi appears to be thinking "Stop looking at me like that. I NOW I'm a shrimp!" And Alys just looks plain annoyed, and if that conversation was really spoken out loud, that would be her expression exactly. :D
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Sep 30, '10, 4:36 pm

Oh my gosh, you're absolutely right. :lol:

Kyra: *Thinking and staring at Demi.* Why is she so sort? Seriously, what purpose could building her so short POSSIBLY serve? Entertainment? That's all I can think of.
Demi: *Thinking.* Yeah, yeah, you keep lookin' at me...as soon as I can get back into Nurvus I'm so making a chasm open under your feet and swallow you. Then we'll see who's laughin'. -_-
Alys: *Facepalm.*
Rika: *Clueless.*
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Thu Sep 30, '10, 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

PreviousNext

Return to Artwork