My PS fan-art thread.

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

Rage

Rage

View Gallery Page

Re: My PS fan-art thread.

Postby Lyla2284 » Thu Jun 17, '10, 4:24 pm

The Compendium offers excellent reference material. Highly recommended, but most of the pics are quite small, unless you can find a hi-res image.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Tanith » Fri Jun 18, '10, 1:11 am

Lyla2284 wrote:The Compendium offers excellent reference material.
Very true. It's great to see the different head shots of some of the characters; they portray a variety of expressions. It really makes the characters more dynamic; I just wish they had included Kain and Rudo as well.

And I think PSII doesn't get as much fan art due to its age. It comes across as archaic even compared to PSIV. Old school, it is. Not as many people have played it or want to play it, and fewer people have finished it. I'm not putting anyone down at all; I understand it plays quite long. PSIV is by far the fan favorite, so it reasonably gets the most fan art.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Lyla2284 » Sat Jun 19, '10, 6:30 pm

Some more art from me, only these are edits from the original game art. I'm a fairly decent sprite artist as well. ^^

ImageImage

She's alive!!! 'ahem'' :mrgreen:

I took an age to do the last one... :relieved:
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Closed3 » Mon Jun 21, '10, 9:53 pm

As far as a critique goes, I would say you need to work on your anatomy. The proportions of the body, such as the large size of the hands in relation to the smaller shape of the head does not fit. Furthermore, necks normally aren't so long on a person. You do have a grasp of some shapes and design, but I would say you need practice. Your digital skill is decent, but some landscapes and your own backgound work would be nice to see.
Last edited by Closed3 on Mon Jun 21, '10, 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Closed3
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 1

Postby Lyla2284 » Tue Jun 22, '10, 4:19 pm

Ginger_Zio wrote:As far as a critique goes, I would say you need to work on your anatomy. The proportions of the body, such as the large size of the hands in relation to the smaller shape of the head does not fit. Furthermore, necks normally aren't so long on a person. You do have a grasp of some shapes and design, but I would say you need practice. Your digital skill is decent, but some landscapes and your own backgound work would be nice to see.

Ah yes. I always knew I suffered from the 'long neck syndrome' :D I still need alot of practice yes, but I never recieved formal art training on the shape of anatomy, which would explain some of the odd proportions. I'm self-taught in my art style. But thank you for the critique, GZ. Background work takes a lot of time and patience, which is something I unfortunately lack, but I force myself to try and put in as much detail as possible, especially bgs. As for digital art, I've been doing it for less than three years, so I still have alot to learn, considering the fact I use a mouse and not a Wacom tablet.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Aeroprism » Fri Jun 25, '10, 3:11 pm

Seriously. From the viewpoint of someone who can't draw a straight line without risking injury: Wow.

Just... wow. :up:
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Lyla2284 » Sat Jun 26, '10, 8:07 am

Thank you for that AP ( or should it be NP?). :) I still have ways to go though. My anatomy still needs a bit of work. And you don't have to feel bad. Not even I can draw a perfectly straight line without a ruler or a perfect circle. :D Only maths teachers are good at it, strangely enough.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Xander » Mon Jun 28, '10, 8:23 pm

So far I've gotten away without a ruler, though I know I should really get one before I need it. :D

Wacom tablets are pretty awesome, if not expensive. I know I'd like a chance to try one at some point just for the sake of it, though I'd probably feel more comfortable using a pencil.
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby Thoul » Mon Jun 28, '10, 8:49 pm

Practice makes perfect, as they said. Becoming a great artist takes a lot of work, but as long as one works at it and continues to learn and improve, you can get there!
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Xander » Mon Jun 28, '10, 10:34 pm

True, true indeed. Though having a knack for the subject helps, all you really need is a little patience. Plus having something that you like to draw helps as well.

Anyways, you need to get some more fanart up Lyla. :D Though I guess the more time you spend on that and the more time you spend here then the less time you have for more BaNL related stuff. :p
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

PreviousNext

Return to Artwork