Vets: Animal lovers or money grabbers?

Companions of all kinds - furry, feathered, fishy and more!

Vets: Animal lovers or money grabbers?

Postby AJS » Sun Aug 16, '09, 7:51 pm

What do you think of vets?

Are they animal lovers or money grabbers? :misspeak:
AJS
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 7

Re: Vets: Animal lovers or money grabbers?

Postby Thoul » Mon Aug 17, '09, 2:24 am

I think it varies with each one. Some are clearly animal lovers. Our vet, for instance, has cats wandering around the office as if it was their home. Some of the cats are disabled in various ways, but they're very healthy and lively. The people at that office are clearly animal lovers.

Our previous vet, however, seems more in it for the money. I'm not saying they don't also love animals, but they bought or built this huge office that has more room than they really needed, then followed that up with an equally large price increase.
Last edited by Thoul on Mon Aug 17, '09, 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Typo
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby AJS » Mon Aug 17, '09, 4:34 pm

I agree with that. I always say if you think your vet is a money grabber you should find a new one. Ours is very good, he even spent his lunch break collecting dandelion leaves for our rabbit when he went in for an op. :clap:
Last edited by AJS on Tue Aug 18, '09, 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AJS
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 7

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Aug 17, '09, 4:45 pm

Some of both. I'd say our vet is definitely an animal lover. There are often cats wandering around in the main office and there's pet toys available for use for puppies and kittens, and other pet stuff you can buy in the office. The office building is also rather small, and there's never that long of a wait. He definitely seems to space the appointments out well so that owners and pets are never waiting too long. He and his assistants are all rather friendly with both the owners and the animals, and when one of our cats needed surgery, he was able to schedule it for the next day. :up:
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Aug 17, '09, 5:15 pm

It's hard to say. I would suppose and hope that they chose or got into this line of work because of their love for animals. And, I would hope that love and commitment is still alive and thriving.

However, you know vets have to eat and have bills to pay just like everyone else. This is their job or profession, no matter how we choose to look at it. I can understand that. Maybe not so well when we are faced with a high vet bill due to some extremely necessary medical attention, but that's just the way it is. That holds true for doctors who treat humans as well as animals too. They take an oath, but they have to earn a living as well.

I would hope the love of animals would proceed anything else no matter what though. If you feel like it doesn't with your vet or any other vet, then I would certainly be looking for another vet. I think that goes without saying, though.
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Return to Amazing Animals