Rune Walsh - A gift for RW

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

View Gallery Page

Postby Xander » Thu Jul 8, '10, 10:56 pm

Ok simply put, beyond my Rudo and Amy piece I was unsure what to do next. Rune_Walsh, our local Rune fangirl as you all know, made a request for some Rune art so I obliged. If anything it allowed me to gauge my progress in terms of skill. With this piece the motions seemed to flow a lot more naturally to me and I made much less mistakes.

The green proved a bit hard to do right as you can tell by the arm. What seemed to bright was actually the right colour for the job. Thankfully i managed to salvage it as best I could and did the rest in the correct shade.

Anyhoo, enjoy. Feedback welcome, la-de-da, whatever. :)
Last edited by Xander on Thu Jul 8, '10, 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Re: Rune Walsh - A gift for RW

Postby Rune_Walsh » Fri Jul 9, '10, 12:11 am

*Glomps Xander and knocks him down* Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! *THUD*

OMG! Zander! This is AWESOME!!! Rune looks so amazing; this is my absolute FAVE from you (and not just because it's for me, heh! The form is original and just ROCKIN', dude!) I love his expression - it's soooo Rune, and I love how FIERCE he looks with the magic!

*Huggles this piece* :happy_marle:
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Rune_Walsh » Fri Jul 9, '10, 12:21 am

Okay, now that I've calmed down, I just wanted to say a heartfelt "Thank you!" for this wonderful piece! :grouphug:
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Postby Xander » Fri Jul 9, '10, 4:29 am

I didn't expect it to be so well received. You're welcome. :D

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Postby Tanith » Fri Jul 9, '10, 5:55 am

I also think this is your best piece so far, Xander. I absolutely love the fireball in his hand. It's perfect for Rune and gives your piece a really great personal touch. Excellent job!
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Rune_Walsh » Fri Jul 9, '10, 9:30 am

Xander wrote:I didn't expect it to be so well received. You're welcome. :D

Really, thank you so much. :grouphug: I'm planning to make a sig with it, unless Atlin wanted to help me out with it. ;)
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Postby Atlinsmere » Fri Jul 9, '10, 9:37 am

Well if you really want me to RW, I would be happy to oblige, however you gotta do it in my topic. =P

Also, I meant to comment on this earlier but couldn't find the words without triggering the censor... I mean erm...

AWESOME! JUST EPICALLY AWESOME!

What I mean to say is that this is by far, one of the greatest Rune art pieces I've seen so far. He seems so relaxed and it looks pretty natural the way you drew him. Not to mention, the colouring is great. =D
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Xander » Fri Jul 9, '10, 11:09 am

Heehee. Thanks Atlin. :D While the expression is a little more relaxed than what I was aiming for, I'm happy with what I got as well as getting all the facial anatomy in the right place. No squint eyes, funny noses or big ears. :p

And RW, you're welcome to use it in a sig if you go ahead with it.

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Jul 9, '10, 1:33 pm

I have not commented on fanart lately. I will blame that on work and my attempts to cut down on my internet time a bit...even though neither is true and it's my laziness.

The only criticism I can make is that for some reason, I think his body looks really narrow. Otherwise though, it's a good piece of fanart indeed! :D
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Xander » Fri Jul 9, '10, 3:11 pm

It does look a little small doesn't it? I think the problem is that I curved the body on that side a little too far left. I really need to look at the line drawing before I start colouring to make sure these things don't get by. I doubt arguing he's just standing all twisted round would help either. You know, like a warmup stretch? :D

In either case, I'm glad you like it CW. You should get some more of your bird drawings up here when you have the time. I liked the last one you did. :)

Anyway, It's pouring rain outside so I've got no excuse not to do something. I have some ideas for my next piece but Ive got an awkward pose to do so I better get to practicing. :o

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Next

Return to Artwork