Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 1, '12, 9:15 pm 
I was new to the game, so I had no idea how to equip stuff.

But I still beat the game the firs time I really played it.

I didn't know how to use any cheat codes, or how to use save states.

So that means I did a completely legit no equip run of the game by mistake (or rather lack or experience).

Hooray for me :D

PostPosted: Wed May 2, '12, 8:04 am 
The thought of not equipping anything through the whole game boggles my mind. You must have spent a lot of time grinding to some really high levels? Some of the later bosses must have been very tough without the bonuses of later equipment.

Back in the day on the Genesis, we didn't have save states. That's how the game was meant to be played, so I'm glad you had an opportunity to experience that part.

PostPosted: Wed May 2, '12, 6:17 pm 
yep :D

Also I didn't even buy any items during the whole game.

PostPosted: Thu May 3, '12, 2:52 am 
Yeah, aside from weapons and armor, I hardly ever bought anything either. There's enough healing items from chests and techniques that most items are rendered unnecessary. It means you couldn't complete a few of the optional sidequests, but they aren't really worth doing any way if you're not buying stuff.

PostPosted: Thu May 3, '12, 9:26 pm 
Very strange but interesting experience ! Without buying anything ? Very impressive !:)

PostPosted: Fri May 4, '12, 3:45 am 
That's quite an accomplishment there, buddy! :) I don't know if I could beat the game like that, but I'll have to remember to give it a shot on my next PSIV playthrough.

PostPosted: Fri May 4, '12, 9:40 am 
Me ? I'll NOT try this ! Too hard for me for sure : and I just want to get fun playing ;)

PostPosted: Fri May 4, '12, 8:41 pm 
It is fun,trust me!

PostPosted: Fri May 4, '12, 8:59 pm 
I'm sure it was fun because you go through all the game !:) Maybe one day but for the moment : not enough time...

PostPosted: Fri May 4, '12, 9:49 pm 
Summer break is coming soon.

Promise to devote at least two days to a no-equip run ;)

Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next