My age is starting to show

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

My age is starting to show

Postby Prince Noah » Thu May 9, '13, 12:36 am

Before you go off saying, "Oh you're still a young pup", I know. But, to me, this is not something I was looking forward to. I was at my lunch break at work, I lay my head down for a moment, and then my lunch mate said, "You're hair is turning gray."

I thought he was joking, until I took a picture of my head with my camera phone. I do in fact have a few gray/white strands of hair. In my brown hair, hide a few strands of gray.

*sigh* I'm 28 last week, and now I'm turning gray. This really breaks my heart. :(
Prince Noah
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 21

Re: My age is starting to show

Postby Rylen » Thu May 9, '13, 1:13 am

My feeling is let my head turn gray. I've got dark hair and I'm starting to see light streaks in my goatee. Then again my hair doesn't matter much since I keep it shaved off most of the time. I consider it building up wisdom. :D And I'm 35.
Last edited by Rylen on Thu May 9, '13, 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rylen
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 49

Postby jessie » Thu May 9, '13, 2:36 am

You are young, however getting old is not something to get upset about. Take it head on and be proud of who you are! We can grow old and grey but we do not have to feel old. I am 39 and have a few grey ghosts hiding on my head. Sometimes I can really feel my age, but most of the time I feel fit and vibrant. It is what we show that people will see, and not our true age. Take it in stride and see every grey hair as a badge of honor.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
ImageImage
ImageImage
jessie
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 39

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri May 10, '13, 12:14 pm

Getting old is just a fact of life. So keep this in mind - growing old is not an option. Growing up is. ;)
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Fri May 10, '13, 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Xander » Fri May 10, '13, 8:17 pm

Diddums. Here's a tiny violin. I've had grey hair since I was 14. I'm now 26 and have so much more. If it's that big a deal, be thankful this is what you consider a problem.
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby myau56 » Fri May 10, '13, 9:55 pm

You see... to become older is a sign of wisdom ! So don't be unhappy about it :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Rylen » Fri May 10, '13, 10:49 pm

As I've gotten older I think I've gotten wiser. Or is that me becoming more of a wise........ :P
Rylen
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 49

Postby jessie » Sat May 11, '13, 12:20 am

You can grow wiser on body part at a time! :)
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
ImageImage
ImageImage
jessie
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 39

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat May 11, '13, 2:45 am

Sometimes things like this (hair turning grey early) may run in family histories and lineages and therefore may make it a little more acceptable to you or ease your pain a bit. If it really upsets you, there are options to get rid of the gray such as hair dye, etc., that you could look into, although that is a pretty drastic step I think as I have never used dye on my hair and think it is much more healthier because of it. It could also be because a cousin of mine dyed her hair so much it turned orange once and this was way before orange hair was in style, lol. I also have a few gray hairs (and more on the way probably) and I refuse to use color or hide them in any way. I think gray hairs can be a distinguishing look to some extent. Also think the above posts from everyone contain some great advice too regarding the wisdom aspect, etc. Although I do understand and sympathize with your pain, Don't be heartbroken, but be happy and glad that you are alive and healthy and still have your hair no matter what color it is. :)

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby myau56 » Sat Jan 18, '14, 10:22 pm

To put your mind at rest, my hair are starting to turn grey too ! Yes, I'm now 37 but luckily those grey/white hairs have started to appear only late ! And as I'm often taken for someone who is 10 years youger than my real age !
Silver-Surfer : Well said ! Hair color may be important for some people but what matters us what you have in your heart...and only a few people can really "knows" it ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Next

Return to Casual Conversation