Flashback: The Quest for Identity

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

Flashback: The Quest for Identity

Postby MrKite » Sat Apr 24, '21, 2:37 am

Wow, what an amazing looking game this was back when it was first released. A cartridge game with cutscenes that almost looked as if they were full motion video. I remember when I first played this it annoyed me because I had no idea how to play it or what to do, but in later years I appreciated it a lot more when I revisited it and figured it out. Even though I am still not very good at it.

Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Re: Flashback: The Quest for Identity

Postby myau56 » Sun Apr 25, '21, 11:51 am

A french game ! Sure it was a great game but...I've never really appreciated it ! :(
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Darkil » Mon Apr 26, '21, 12:44 pm

MrKite wrote:Wow, what an amazing looking game this was back when it was first released. A cartridge game with cutscenes that almost looked as if they were full motion video. I remember when I first played this it annoyed me because I had no idea how to play it or what to do, but in later years I appreciated it a lot more when I revisited it and figured it out. Even though I am still not very good at it.

I have never played this. I'll have to give it a go and see if my experience matches yours.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby MrKite » Tue Apr 27, '21, 7:42 pm

Darkil wrote:
MrKite wrote:Wow, what an amazing looking game this was back when it was first released. A cartridge game with cutscenes that almost looked as if they were full motion video. I remember when I first played this it annoyed me because I had no idea how to play it or what to do, but in later years I appreciated it a lot more when I revisited it and figured it out. Even though I am still not very good at it.

I have never played this. I'll have to give it a go and see if my experience matches yours.

They had the re-release for the Nintendo Switch on sale at the eShop for $1.99 a while back, and I snagged it there while it was. It usually sells for $19.99 on there.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Return to Retro Roundup