Multiple Endings

Examine the concepts and building blocks of games and systems with us.

Re: Multiple Endings

Postby tilinelson2 » Mon Jan 10, '11, 11:35 am

I prefer much more the multiple ways of playing than multiple endings. I think PSIII was very much ahead of its time because when you choose between Maia and Lena, you choose how your game will progress. If the different endings are determined by making or not few side-quests, I think it is not worthy and foolish. The real thing is when you have a different ending because you have played a completely different game.
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby Thoul » Tue Jan 11, '11, 8:01 pm

It is nice to feel almost like you're playing a different game, isn't it? Just the other day I was playing a game with two character paths in it. Having finished on, I started replaying to do the other. I couldn't help but notice that aside from a few little differences, they're mostly the same. It just felt like a lot of wasted potential there.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby tilinelson2 » Tue Jan 11, '11, 10:49 pm

Yeah, if it is just to do different endings, better do like Deus Ex. You can choose the different endings on the last stage of the game. This way you don´t waste time.
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Previous

Return to Tech and Design