First CG piece - Data Memory Girl

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

View Gallery Page

Postby Xander » Tue Oct 19, '10, 9:54 pm

Today i finally decided to go ahead and try my hand at CG colouring some artwork. So I dug out this piece I had been using to practice my inking on and looked up some tutorials to help me out.

I used photoshop elements, seeing how it's already installed here and took pot luck. Also, I was trying to aim for what they call cell style colouring, mainly because it's how I normally colour my artwork with pencils.

Obviously it's kind of rough. I've never looked at photoshop for more than a minute until today and I have no idea how everything works either, so yeah. :p

Anyhoo, with a bit more practice, hopefully I'll get better and not spend the better part of a day working on it.
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Re: First CG piece - Data Memory Girl

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Oct 19, '10, 10:34 pm

That's very, very good, Xander, especially for your first time with photoshop, etc. I can see a few rough spots, but nothing all that bad. Pratice makes perfect, or so they tell me :wink: and I have no doubt you'll be a master at this technique before too long also. :)

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby H-Man » Tue Oct 19, '10, 11:18 pm

Better than anything I could do, that's for sure. Nice work for a first-timer! Tally ho!
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Postby Thoul » Wed Oct 20, '10, 5:34 pm

This is great for a first time attempt. I dabbled with CG coloring a long time ago and let me tell you, my first attempt had nothing on this. I'm really impressed with sense of depth the shading adds, particularly to her hair.

After seeing this, I really look forward to seeing what you can do with more practice.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Artwork