MrKite Request - Amy Sage

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

View Gallery Page

Postby Xander » Tue Oct 12, '10, 8:05 pm

This is part 1 of some artwork MrKite has asked me to do for him. Part 2 will be a similarly drawn picture of Shir.

Ummm, not much else to add. It was the first time I tried using ink on my lineart. I also learned how much I hate drawing front views. Gah! 0_o I'll also be planning to CG colour this one later once I've had some practice.

And that's about it. Hopefully I can make up for the inadequacies of this one with my Shir art. :D Hopefully it meets your expectations MrKite. If not, let me know and I'll work on it for the next one.
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Re: MrKite Request - Amy Sage

Postby MrKite » Tue Oct 12, '10, 8:12 pm

She looks sexy! Good job!
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby vontrapp » Tue Oct 12, '10, 8:25 pm

Really good Xander it's quite an inspiring piece ;)
vontrapp
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 43

Postby Xander » Tue Oct 12, '10, 9:00 pm

Inspiring, huh :p

Anyway, glad you liked it, especially you MrKite. I wasn't sure whether or not to make her blush or not though. I'll do an extra better job of Shir though, for sure. I'll be sure to try and keep it in character with her too. And as I said earlier, a CG version of these will follow when I learn ho to do that properly. :p

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Oct 12, '10, 9:53 pm

Time for the critic to come on in and say a few things. >.>

First things first, it might be just me, but it seems like Amy's waist is a tad too thin, maybe if it was just a tiny bit wider it would look a little better. I understand she is supposed to petite hence why I said a little bit. While on the female form, it might be just me again but her * seem a tad too spaced apart. If that makes me a pervert than I'm pervert. The top part of the bikini looks great, but the bottom one doesn't look right for some reason.

Other than that great job, Amy looks great in a yellow bikini. =D
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Xander » Tue Oct 12, '10, 10:07 pm

'Tis true Atlin. I guess this is what happens when you draw a ton of portrait style drawings. :D I needs more practice with legs and such. I know what you mean about the waist, looking now. Though it looks ok, another little bit might have done.

As for the chest, well I'm not so sure. What I DO know is that it took me forever to draw! :p As I said, front views are terrible in this regard. Nevermind that I made her chest a little too big and had to redraw it all over again! >_<
Thankfully Shir's pose won't be quite such a pain to draw, but will actually look good. :)

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Oct 12, '10, 10:10 pm

Alright, looking forward to it. =D

And yeah, front views can be a pain. For me, it's usually just the eyes I have a problem with.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Xander » Tue Oct 12, '10, 10:25 pm

Probably the same for me, though I do feel drawing eyes at a 3/4 view is just as much of a pain sometimes. They have to be in-line but one must appear bigger than the other, without the difference being too big, to help create the feeling that you are looking from a slight angle.

Anyway, I'll need to get more paper tomorrow. I just realised my pad only has 2 sheets left. :o

Also, of course she suits yellow! That might be to do with the fact that she's always wearing it. :D I'll maybe try CG colouring her differently in that regard though.
Last edited by Xander on Tue Oct 12, '10, 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Postby Snorb » Tue Oct 12, '10, 11:31 pm

Holy- oh, wow! I just noticed this! This is... wow. Saved and added to the desktop picture rotation =)

Amy's waist is a little too slim, like Atlin said, but I don't mind.

Now I'm reminded of a certain story I have yet to finish. Thanks a lot =p
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Tanith » Tue Oct 12, '10, 11:51 pm

I am also reminded of a certain Snorb story. ;) Her yellow bathing suit and pose are cute, Xander, and the blue piping is a nice continuity touch (even though this is a bathing suit; it's clever).

I'm going to say the opposite of the others and say that her waist isn't the problem. Any thicker and she'd have no waist, actually. I think she needs more definition between her waist and her hips. Her build needs more feminine lines. Right now she's broader on top and gets progressively more narrow as she gets to her legs. However, most women are more triangular, or "pear" shaped. See if this picture helps:

http://images.pinupgirlclothing.com/ins ... imwear.jpg

Notice how the model's bathing suit bottom is about the same width across as her top, if not a bit wider. Here's a pretty thorough tutorial on drawing anime-style females at Manga University:

http://www.howtodrawmanga.com/howtodraw ... body1.html

Edited: Ah, I see I've repeated vilkacis. Oops.
Last edited by Tanith on Tue Oct 12, '10, 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Next

Return to Artwork