Mr. K's unusual finds:Mega Man cartoon series soundtrack

Sports, movies, music, TV, and other forms of fun.

Mr. K's unusual finds:Mega Man cartoon series soundtrack

Postby MrKite » Sat Sep 3, '11, 3:50 am

While I was on vgmdb.net looking at Rockman/Megaman albums. I see this one just called "Mega Man". I got curious, so I checked it out. It's a soundtrack album for the Ruby Spears Mega Man cartoon featuring songs by various artists. I was curious to find out more about this CD, so I bought a used copy of it from Amazon Marketplace, and it wasn't cheap! You're better off just looking for a torrent of it! Apparently, these songs were not actually played in the cartoon and were only played during the end credits of the show's second season. The one disc on the album that has anything to do with Mega Man will drive you mad. Actually with the exception of that song, I can't really trash talk a CD that has songs by Skid Row and Mr. Big on it. But still, because it's so hard to find, you're better off just looking for a torrent, OR you could go on iTunes and buy the songs off the albums they originally came from to support the artists.

Track listing:

1.Driver/The Hollowbodies
2.Eileen/Skid Row
3.She/Smile
4.Iron Mic/Sugar Ray
5.Realms of Junior MAFIA Part 2/Junior M.A.F.I.A.
6.Tryst/Machines of Loving Grace (the same guys that did Golgotha Tenement Blues on The Crow soundtrack???)
7.Sinnerman/Extra Fancy
8.So Far, So Good...So What/CIV
9.Take Cover/Mr. Big
10.Got Myself Together/The Bucketheads (THESE SOUNDS FALL INTO MY MI-I-IND!)
11.Signs, I Can't Take It/Inner Circle (Bad boys, bad boys, what'cha gonna do?)
12.Mega Man Theme/Mega Man (NOT!)

Overall, I give this item a C. Some good songs, some bad songs, but it's disguised as a soundtrack album for a kids action cartoon, and that's kind of...what's the word? More info:http://vgmdb.net/album/11780
Last edited by MrKite on Sat Sep 3, '11, 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Re: Mr. K's unusual finds:Mega Man cartoon series soundtrack

Postby Thoul » Sat Sep 3, '11, 3:59 am

I have this. Or had it, I'm not sure if I actually still have it. It's been years since I listened to it, but personally I thought it was terrible. I remembering getting it for a fairly low price and still regretting the purchase. Passing itself off as related to the cartoon when it has nothing to do with that lowered my opinion of it a lot, too.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby MrKite » Sat Sep 3, '11, 4:20 am

Yeah, but Take Cover is one of my favorite Mr. Big songs though. But that song's also available on one of their studio albums and their greatest hits collection.
Last edited by MrKite on Sat Sep 3, '11, 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby Thoul » Sat Sep 3, '11, 5:43 am

I might like it more if I listened to it again today. I probably haven't played the disc in ten years or more. It wasn't to my tastes back then, but I'm a little more open minded to some music these days compared to then.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Entertainment