Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, '07, 1:16 am 
Thoul wrote:Right now I'm watching Wing Commander. It's a pretty good sci-fi movie, though I never played the games.
I saw part of the movie once, and thought it was a decent representation of the series, but not overly interesting. The games consumed a great deal of enjoyable hours on my part. The 3D0 version was beautiful. WC2 was the best though. The non-linearity of the games was a lot of fun, since you could lose some missions and keep playing on a bad path. If you lost too many, you got into an un-winnable, (for me, perhaps someone did win,) situation.

Quote:Does anyone remember that old movie, "The Wizard"? It's not really based on a video game, but it was one of Nintendo's more innovative marketing strategies: a whole movie just to show off Super Mario Bros. 3.
That sounds vaguely familiar, (very vague!) That's a humorous flashback...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, '07, 12:56 am 
The Wing Commander movie is more interesting if you see if from the first, but I have to agree that it is not the most gripping film anyone's likely to see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, '07, 1:03 am 
Thoul wrote:(...)but I have to agree that it is not the most gripping film anyone's likely to see.
:rofl: , that's the laugher of the day. Every video game movie I can think of fits that description!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, '07, 9:01 pm 
I don't know why but "Jurassic Park" came to mind when I saw this topic. I believe there is a video game of this name, but I don't know if the game came before the movie or the movie before the game. :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, '07, 5:09 am 
I believe the Jurassic Park games were movie tie-ins. That is, the games were based on the movie, not the movie on the games.

My favorite game movies are usually the ones from fighting games. Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter. I can't stand spooky or overly bloody movies, so I can't get into flicks like Resident Evil, Silent Hill, or House of the Dead. Some of those fighting games can be pretty borderline on that I guess, but I can take those better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, '07, 11:09 am 
I've read recently that they're working on a new Street Fighter movie. It's going to be a completely fresh start and focus on different characters. It might be pretty good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, '07, 4:16 am 
All the other old movie series are rebooting, so I guess Street Fighter might as well jump on the bandwagon. Maybe this version will be more faithful and better received. I thought the original was a decent adaptation, but very few people agree.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, '07, 4:52 am 
Here's an interesting article I just saw on this subject of movies based on video games, etc.:

http://movies.msn.com/movies/2007winter ... s?gt1=7701

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, '07, 8:19 am 
Oh OH oh!!! I would soooo love to see all the PS series in movies! That would be so awesome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, '07, 9:03 pm 
Interesting article. I never knew the same person was behind both the Mortal Kombat and Resident Evil movies. I completely forgot about Double Dragon. That wasn't too bad of a movie, even if it had little to do with the games.

The writer needs to be kicked for putting down The Last Starfighter. That's just a good movie, period.

Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2