Movie: Phantasy Star Prime

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Re: Movie: Phantasy Star Prime

Postby CaptainPlanet » Sat Jul 16, '11, 2:27 pm

@Aeroprism - I just got finished listening to your remixes. I loved them, though I was sad to see that your Death Place remix was never finished. It was sounding really awesome near the end! We already have a music composer for the project, but there's nothing wrong with 2. You seem to have your own styles and I think I can make that work very well. You seem ideal for fight scene music. Are you by any chance capable of shredding metal? Not like hard rock or anything, but for the final "boss fight" of the first movie, we wanted to make a remix of a Phantasy Star track the same way One Winged Angel was done in FF7: Advent Children, with a blend of orchestra (also, in the case of Phantasy Star, some techno) and some epic electric guitar licks. We want that epic, high-energy, fast-paced, "everything is on the line" vibe from the track. In short, we want to blow minds when the final fight is seen for the first time.
CaptainPlanet
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 27

Postby Aeroprism » Sat Jul 16, '11, 3:53 pm

CaptainPlanet wrote:though I was sad to see that your Death Place remix was never finished. It was sounding really awesome near the end!

Thanks for the good words but by all means, look harder :)

It's been finished and published for months now, by far my best remix yet. Well, for now anyways. I'm a few days away from releasing two more remixes on youtube, one of which will make Death Trance look like amateur stuff.

As for your request, though I love listening to metal, I'm afraid I don't do it much. I use a virtual studio to make my music and I once tried to do a 80's style rock song with it with limited success. I could try to see if I can be improved but since I use all sampled instruments, doing a convincing elec guit is very, very hard.

Can't say I love the idea of a metal/orchestra remix for your last boss. Not only has it been done ad-nauseam by just about everyone in the last ten years, it's not really appropriate to a pure sci-fi game. Techno/trance is where it's at. My opinion of course, the fact that it's also my specialty has nothing to do with it :P

Anyways. My music is there, it's all remixes of copyrighted stuff so I can't claim ownership. If you like something, use it. The only thing I ask is to be credited. Though the remixes is only a small part of what Nekoprism does, we have originals too. And they are awesome.

As for activity here, it comes and goes in bursts. When I joined a year ago, this place was buzzing with people. All they need to come here is a reason to. Right now it's quiet. Who knows what tomorrow holds.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby CaptainPlanet » Mon Jul 25, '11, 5:40 am

Sorry about the lack of activity lately, I've been rather busy. This will begin a steady stream of content spanning from the beginning of the project until present day, though not necessarily in chronological order. We like interacting heavily with the community on big projects like this, so we recently held a concept art contest on PSO-World to determine the appearance of a special cloak earned by a character in the Prime films. Below is the submitted artwork of the winner of that contest.

After the winner of the contest was announced, our lead concept designer redrew the design with a definitive look.

Below are a few real-life parts that have been found for the costume design.

Image Image

Image Image

The design is not in any way influenced by any style from the Alisa III due to the fact that the cloak is bestowed upon the character by a member of another alien race.

@Aeroprism - I did listen to the entirety of Death Trance and I now have several of your tracks in my car to listen to on the way to work. :) I sent you a couple PM's regarding this project and Nekoprism potentially lending their talents to this production.
Last edited by CaptainPlanet on Thu Jul 28, '11, 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CaptainPlanet
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Elsydeon » Thu Jul 28, '11, 4:27 am

That costume design is freaking awesome!!! Matching the drawing up with the real deal sounds exciting.
Elsydeon
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 39

Postby Thoul » Thu Jul 28, '11, 4:58 am

That is a very impressive looking costume. I'm surprised a chest piece that detailed was found without being custom made. It looks great, though.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby CaptainPlanet » Thu Jul 28, '11, 9:25 pm

Continuing with concept art, There are a few more character/costume concepts to show for now, followed by some of the weaponry created by FiestCorp. I cannot divulge who these characters are or what their roles in the films are yet without spoiling anything. All I can say is that the male costume design is obviously inspired by that of a HUmar from PSO, albeit a bit too much. It is currently undergoing modifications to differentiate it more from the original design. It was just the first drawing. What I can say about him though is that he is very futuristic and that the gem in his palm is used to summon weapons that take form from light. He places his palms together, then separates them, leaving a mass of light between them. He then "grabs" the light and holds it in the position of the desired weapon and it manifests in his hands. Great for molding different weapons on the fly when combat situations change. Yes, I am well aware that it is a lot like the Green Lantern. At least he doesn't have a ring. lol

I will say that this is the original costume design for the Rose character, one of the three Earth protagonists, however this is also undergoing modifications (combat in heels?! Nah, I can't afford the insurance for these guys).

An assortment of FiestCorp weapons: the world's first line of Photon-base weaponry - The Prime Line.
These are only a few examples of the gritty, detailed look we're striving for with these weapons.

B'duki Prime - A subtle nod to the B'duki Biso of Phantasy Star Universe, however the differences between the two are more vast than with some of the other Prime weapons. Note the deployable photon bayonet for when an enemy suddenly gets too close for comfort.

Heavy duty! What you're looking at is a photon mini-gun!

Transitioning out of the Costume/other concept art into other things, I leave you with a few photographic tidbits.

The eyes of one who is possessed by Dark Force.

Line shield technology - a more blatant nod to Phantasy Star Universe and another product of FiestCorp. How does Neon have it? Well, if you've seen the trailer, I'm sure you've already pieced it together by now.

This is a demonstration of our 3D modeling. We will be creating 3D doubles in order to briefly substitute ourselves on-screen when we are performing actions that no human could do in real life, such as the Photon Drive, or being knocked into a wall. Essentially, our 3D stunt men. Their presence on-screen will be so brief that you would really have to be looking for them in order to catch them. This is something that Hollywood does all the time as well.

http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/9585/56462346.png
I leave you with a wallpaper. :)

I know this has all been stuff leaning toward the modern era of Phantasy Star in terms of art, but I figure, why be one-sided with the presentation?

More to follow. Enjoy!
Last edited by CaptainPlanet on Thu Jul 28, '11, 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaptainPlanet
Citizen
Citizen

Postby CaptainPlanet » Thu Aug 4, '11, 12:20 pm

After hiring on a few new actors recently, we put casting on hold yet again. We're taking the casting aspect in spurts. We don't want to hire too many early on and then have them dropping off here and there due to inactivity because of pre-production and having to fill in the holes of the cast just before shooting.
I have been typing away at the script non-stop in the past month. Several new pages are added nearly each night and the script is coming together... actually, faster than I thought it was going to. This is good news, seeing as how the more script that is completed, the more we have our physical workload brought into focus, as far as what props and sets will need to be built, what permissions will need to be obtained, etc.

As of right now, we're more than an hour and a half into the first movie and we still have plenty to go! This means that the length and depth of the story is falling in line with our projections. The closer I get to the climax of the first film, the more I get to thinking about the use of monsters/creatures/biomonster/whatever you want to call them. Until very recently, the use of such creatures wasn't even in consideration, as this movie is about the people and the struggles between them. However, the more I think about it, the more I realize that there will be people out there who would be disappointed at the lack of creatures in the film. After all, killing monsters has always been at the heart of Phantasy Star, even moreso in the modern iterations of the franchise. It took me a while, but I have figured out a way to implement the hostile creatures that the players of Phantasy Star III are familiar with into the story, give them a purpose, and even have it make sense as to why they're hostile even with the absence of Dark Force aboard the Alisa III. Expect to see lots of monsters, even though they aren't exactly spread evenly throughout the movie.

Also expect to see lots of action! That being said, while the movie does start out kind of fast, it picks up pretty slowly in the action department. You don't see the first real fight scene until at least 75 minutes in. Everything before that is ramping up to why this action happens in the first place. There is a lot of substantial plot brewing in this massive package and thus requires a lot of build-up and particularly explanation (especially if it's going to make sense to the general audience). Once it begins however, I can assure you that the pacing of the action will be smooth and steady. Also, expect a longer climactic battle than you're used to seeing in current Hollywood films. We're tired of seeing anti-climactic battles taking the place of a battle that should be truly epic. All I can say for now is that the final fight in the first film (well, in all the films really) will be a multi-phase battle requiring the abilities of all the party members to overcome.
CaptainPlanet
Citizen
Citizen

Postby CaptainPlanet » Fri Aug 5, '11, 1:50 pm

When you dream, dream big. Like, I-MAX big.

Last edited by CaptainPlanet on Fri Aug 5, '11, 1:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CaptainPlanet
Citizen
Citizen

Postby CaptainPlanet » Wed Aug 17, '11, 5:46 am

UPDATE: 08/17/11

New concept art! Today I will be revealing the art for the standard FiestCorp Saber. Note the photon gauge near the base of where the blade would be, as well as a trigger, which would be used to activate the Photon Drive function once the gauge reaches full.

CaptainPlanet
Citizen
Citizen

Postby CaptainPlanet » Wed Aug 17, '11, 8:26 pm

Below is the Pistatol, a standard FiestCorp photon pistol.

Last edited by CaptainPlanet on Wed Aug 17, '11, 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CaptainPlanet
Citizen
Citizen

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More