Motley Crue & video game

Get up and move your body to the beat of music discussions.

Motley Crue & video game

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Apr 17, '08, 4:49 am

The rock group, Motley Crue, is releasing their new single through a video game. I wonder what success this will have and if it is the wave of the future!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080415/en_ ... CNlp9b.nQA

I don't know very much about this group. Anyone else here know anything about them, or enjoy their music?

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Thu Apr 17, '08, 11:33 pm

I don't think I've ever heard any of their music. It's interesting to hear of a single being released in a game, though. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see more of this type of thing. Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft really should create some kind of music channel in their consoles, so people could download music on to them. It would open up a whole new market of revenue for them.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Motley Crue & video game

Postby hugues » Sat Apr 19, '08, 3:07 pm

It's sort of their second venture into video games.. there was a Genesis game called Crue Ball which was a pinball game featuring their music:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cr%C3%BCe_Ball

Silver_Surfer1 wrote:I don't know very much about this group. Anyone else here know anything about them, or enjoy their music?

Gee, thanks for making me feel old.. to quote the song "1985" that was out a few years ago "when did Motley Crue become classic rock?" They were a popular metal band in the 80s and early 90s. If you had MTV in that time it's basically impossible to not know them. They haven't been extremely popular since ~1992 though (when grunge music exploded and all the metal bands just kind of disappeared). I know they still tour today and do pretty well with that.

I admit, I like a few of their songs but don't own any albums. I suppose I'd buy a "best of" collection if I saw one.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Apr 19, '08, 5:35 pm

hugues wrote:I

Silver_Surfer1 wrote:I don't know very much about this group. Anyone else here know anything about them, or enjoy their music?

Gee, thanks for making me feel old.. to quote the song "1985" that was out a few years ago "when did Motley Crue become classic rock?" They were a popular metal band in the 80s and early 90s. If you had MTV in that time it's basically impossible to not know them. They haven't been extremely popular since ~1992 though (when grunge music exploded and all the metal bands just kind of disappeared). I know they still tour today and do pretty well with that.

I admit, I like a few of their songs but don't own any albums. I suppose I'd buy a "best of" collection if I saw one.

Hugues, I didn't mean to make you feel old. Sorry about that. :wink: Actually, I'm probably older than you are. :)

I have heard of Motley Crue before, but am not familiar with their music. I never watched MTV - just not my type of channel. Thanks for the information about the group - it was very interesting.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby hugues » Sat Apr 19, '08, 7:15 pm

Silver_Surfer1 wrote:Hugues, I didn't mean to make you feel old. Sorry about that. :wink: Actually, I'm probably older than you are. :)

I have heard of Motley Crue before, but am not familiar with their music. I never watched MTV - just not my type of channel. Thanks for the information about the group - it was very interesting.

Nah, I was kidding around. I'm getting more and more of these "feeling old" moments every day. It did strike me though that anyone born after ~1988 probably hasn't heard of them or many other once popular bands from the 80s. Well, unless you count hearing them in Guitar Hero or Rock Band. Anyway, yeah I probably watched too much MTV back then. You know, back when they played videos :wink:
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Return to Tootin' Tunes