Motion Gaming on the PS3 and Xbox 360

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Motion Gaming on the PS3 and Xbox 360

Postby Schala Zeal » Wed Nov 10, '10, 5:40 pm

I don't see another topic for it, so if there's another one, I apologize.

Anyway, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 have recently released their motion gaming devices: Kinect for the Xbox and the Playstation Move. What are everyone's opinions on these? Has anyone tried them? Discuss.

Personally, I haven't tried either. The Kinect looks awesome though, I really want to try out the Sonic game they have (or are going to have, I'm not sure) for it.
Since I don't have a Playstation 3, I don't foresee myself trying that one out anytime soon. :rofl: Looks kinda like an upgrade of the Wii's motion controls, from what little I've seen.
Last edited by Schala Zeal on Wed Nov 10, '10, 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Schala Zeal
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 21

Re: Motion Gaming on the PS3 and Xbox 360

Postby Thoul » Wed Nov 10, '10, 7:50 pm

There's a Move topic, but not a Kinect one that I'm aware of offhand, so we'll let this one stand. :)

I haven't tried either and have no particular plans to do so. I don't have a PS3, so that lets Move out for me. I'd like to get a PS3 some day, but even if I do, I don't know if I'll get Move. It depends on how well supported the controller is by past and future games, I guess.

I wouldn't mind giving Kinect a try, but I think it's just too expensive. $150 is too much for any controller to cost, even if it does have potentially revolutionary features. It might have some improved features over Nintendo's offering, but Nintendo's controllers are a lot more reasonable when it comes to draining wallets.
Last edited by Thoul on Wed Nov 10, '10, 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Motion Gaming on the PS3 and Xbox 360

Postby Jack Lias » Thu Nov 11, '10, 2:04 am

I'm very interested in Child of Eden, so I'll definitely be looking into Kinect. By the way, has Kinect been released yet in North America?
Jack Lias
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 34

Return to General Gaming