Motavia... will it survive?

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Re: Motavia... will it survive?

Postby Neithird » Tue Jun 12, '07, 9:05 pm

Ooh, that would be bad. I imagine they were probably exterminated by Mother Brain or the early settlers on Motavia... but, I would have thought the same of sandworms, so maybe not.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Heikabuchi » Thu Nov 8, '07, 10:49 pm

Motavia will always survive. Now that profound darkness has been destroyed, I highly doubt that any sizable threat exists. Demi and Wren constantly survey and moniter the remaining planets and Lutz protectivly watches over Algo. There would have to be a pretty big evil force to stand up to them.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Nov 8, '07, 11:40 pm

They should be able to stabalize the environment, there isn't really anything stopping from regenerating itself after all the darkness goes away.
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Heikabuchi » Fri Nov 9, '07, 8:41 pm

Exactly. So by all standards, Motavia should be up and running within 10 - 30 years.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby Neithird » Fri Nov 9, '07, 10:43 pm

I doubt it; the darkness didn't have a foothold for nearly 1,000 years and the system could barely keep the planet habitable. Any big recovery would take many, many years and lots of new weather control installations being built.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby SparkyIII » Fri Nov 9, '07, 11:05 pm

I thought that it was the darkness causing the conditions of the planet though, didn't Wren say that it only happened recently that he couldn't control the weather patterns from there anymore?
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Thoul » Fri Nov 9, '07, 11:46 pm

Dark Force had been making things worse recently and was threatening to destroy the planets using the systems, that's true. However even before that the systems were only able to slow the deterioration of the environment. Remember that the natural state of Motavia environment was the nearly barren desert. The climate control systems were trying to force it away from that state, to a sort of mid point between the desert and PSII's bright green world.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Heikabuchi » Fri Nov 9, '07, 11:52 pm

With the sudden absence of evil forces, repairs will suddenly become a lot faster. When you think about functionality, the systems must have been created to make quick repairs to Algo. When you think about it that way, evil with the planets in such dissrepair, all destruction could be halted and reveresed in a matter of years.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby Thoul » Sat Nov 10, '07, 1:14 am

Wren says that he has only the minimal amount of environmental control to stabilize the system so humans could continue to survive. It's not intended to fully restore the green state of the planet, just to keep enough of it green that the humans don't die out on their own. I'm sure that he will improve conditions after the Darkness is gone, but Wren himself will never use the system to turn the planet totally green. It will fall on humans to regain the lost technology and accomplish that themselves.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby SparkyIII » Sat Nov 10, '07, 8:40 am

Yeah, I was thinking that just now too. That humans would need to be the ones to restore it. It wouldn't take too long though seeing as how the evil forces aren't stopping professor holt or any of them from discovering those bio-labs like seed.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Previous

Return to Phantasy Star IV