Favorite articles of clothing?

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Favorite articles of clothing?

Postby Rune_Walsh » Tue Feb 16, '10, 9:43 pm

Does anyone have a favorite clothing item they just love? Maybe you wear a sweater religiously, or love a pair of jeans in particular that makes your bum look so good? ;)

Me: Sweaters and boots are my "thing." I have a navy hooded sweater, an Irish wool sweater, and an alpaca sweater that I just adore.

I also live in my boots, and a nautical long sleeved shirt is definitely one of my faves.

How about you?
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Re: Favorite articles of clothing?

Postby Lucas » Wed Feb 17, '10, 4:04 am

I always wear my surfing shorts on my days off I have a few pairs actually. I don’t surf myself but I like all the cool designs and stuff they put on the shorts too like waves and eagles. :wink:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Feb 18, '10, 9:15 pm

Hmmm, I don't think I have a certain favorite to speak of. Probably just something warm and cozy to wear when I'm resting or just home fooling around.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Srijita » Sun Feb 21, '10, 10:17 pm

My list would have to include the following:

Shirt dresses - of which I have at least four;

Full-length coats - trench (3), fashion (1), and wool winter coats (2);

Stockings - arguably cooler and more hygienic than tights (what you Americans call pantyhose). I wear tights as well, but stockings make me feel sexy under a formal suit. :wink:

Gloves - preferably matching the afore-mentioned coats

*Cough* And now, if no one has any objection, I'll just teleport back to the 1950s where I evidently belong.
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 15

Postby Rune_Walsh » Tue Feb 23, '10, 10:17 pm

Srijita wrote:My list would have to include the following:

Shirt dresses - of which I have at least four;

Full-length coats - trench (3), fashion (1), and wool winter coats (2);

Stockings - arguably cooler and more hygienic than tights (what you Americans call pantyhose). I wear tights as well, but stockings make me feel sexy under a formal suit. :wink:

Gloves - preferably matching the afore-mentioned coats

*Cough* And now, if no one has any objection, I'll just teleport back to the 1950s where I evidently belong.

You're such a class act, Srijita. I would love to raid your closet. ;)
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Postby Tanith » Thu Feb 25, '10, 11:14 am

I have a cable knit duster that, during the winter, only leaves my body long enough to be washed.

I also have a favorite pair of black slacks that are a true work wardrobe staple. I have a hate-hate relationship with pants, but these pants are very kind to my portly figure. :) They also never wrinkle. Ever.

As far as impractical clothing goes, I have a pair of teal velvet pumps that I would never last long in, but they are my favorite pair of shoes. They look exceptional with crochet tights and I feel like a million bucks when I wear them.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Lyla2284 » Fri Feb 26, '10, 6:35 am

I just love stretch denim,shirts, sweaters and my sneakers. I'm a very casual type of gal. I also love wearing my caps. Cape Town sunny (not to mention blistering hot during summer, like now), so I normally take my sunglasses along wherever I go.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby luke » Sun Mar 7, '10, 2:35 pm

on any given day i will be wearing black skinny jeans, oxford shirt, and clarks desert boots or brogue dress shoes.
cooper, today you remind me of a small mexican chihuahua
luke
Agent
Agent

Return to Casual Conversation