If one game could be retranslated...

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Which would you want retranslated?

Phantasy Star
29%
Phantasy Star II
No votes
Phantasy Star III
43%
Phantasy Star IV
14%
Other
14%
None
No votes

Total votes : 7

If one game could be retranslated...

Postby Neithird » Thu Nov 15, '07, 8:54 pm

If you could have one game from the classics retranslated with a perfectly accurate script, which game would you pick? Nothing else in the game gets changed, just the script which is replaced entirely.

I'd go for Phantasy Star 1. It would be cool to see what is different.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Nov 15, '07, 11:05 pm

lol, Ive always liked the PS scripts, even if there was a mistake here and there. The only game I didn't like the script was Golden Axe 3? I think? They didn't even translate died, they said, " And you dead."
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Tsunami » Fri Nov 16, '07, 12:11 am

My choice would be PSIII. From what I've seen of the fan-translated script, the story's really different and the Japanese script is much better than the English version.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Return to Classic Series