Most Hated Christmas Song

Get up and move your body to the beat of music discussions.

Postby Thoul » Mon Dec 8, '08, 11:09 pm

Ok, now at the top of my list is that song about the kid wanting to buy shoes for his dying mom. Nice song and all, but the radio station I've been listening to has run it into the ground. It's not that great.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby hugues » Tue Dec 9, '08, 9:40 pm

Thoul wrote:Ok, now at the top of my list is that song about the kid wanting to buy shoes for his dying mom.

That song is HORRIBLE, it's trying so hard to be a tearjerker it's nauseating. Still, I slightly prefer it to that Paul McCartney Christmas song.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Rudo » Thu Dec 11, '08, 5:07 am

I am not fond of that ' run, run, rudolph ' song either. Silly and I just don't get it. :roll:
Rudo
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 192

Postby Thoul » Thu Dec 11, '08, 10:38 pm

hugues wrote:That song is HORRIBLE, it's trying so hard to be a tearjerker it's nauseating. Still, I slightly prefer it to that Paul McCartney Christmas song.

Yeah. I liked it the first couple of times, but it gets old really fast. Is the Paul McCartney song that one that asks if people know it's Christmas? That's another one that tries way too hard.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Celeith » Fri Dec 12, '08, 11:11 pm

I don't know if you guys watch the Christmas cartoons on tv but the radio played a song about 3 times in a row last night thanks to a few listeners phoning in. The song is that song from the Jack Frost cartoon. Its burned in my mind now and I can't get it out!
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby hugues » Sat Dec 13, '08, 4:37 pm

Thoul wrote:Is the Paul McCartney song that one that asks if people know it's Christmas? That's another one that tries way too hard.

Nah, that's the Bob Geldoff ("We are the world" guy) produced song with Bono and other popular singers of the time. I guess it's supposed to be about whether starving kids in Africa know it's Christmas. Since they're predominantly non-Christian a better title would be "Do they care it's Christmas".

The Paul McCartney one repeats "Simply having a wonderful Christmastime" over and over and over again.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Thoul » Sun Dec 14, '08, 1:56 pm

Ugh, I hate songs that just repeat one phrase over and over. I don't think I've actually heard that one, so I'll count myself lucky on that account.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Darkil » Mon Dec 29, '08, 9:05 pm

Thoul wrote:Ugh, I hate songs that just repeat one phrase over and over. I don't think I've actually heard that one, so I'll count myself lucky on that account.

^ This is the reason why I HATE virtually ALL Christmas songs
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Re: Most Hated Christmas Song

Postby XxEnslavedNekoxX » Sun Jun 21, '09, 8:04 am

I hate them all...I really do. But I used to work in local places where they played this stuff all day, every day. Considering there are only 12 different christmas songs, it get's old really fast. There is only one song that I like, and I can't remember it XD
XxEnslavedNekoxX
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 11

Previous

Return to Tootin' Tunes