Most Hated Christmas Song

Get up and move your body to the beat of music discussions.

Most Hated Christmas Song

Postby hugues » Wed Dec 3, '08, 10:19 pm

Christmas music is everywhere now. We have at least one radio station playing it 24 hours a day and of course it's pipping through every store.

I enjoy Christmas music in moderation, except for a couple songs that I absolutely can't stand. My least favorite by far is that "Simply having a wonderful Christmastime" song by Paul McCartney. It's so incredibly repetitive that it makes me want to stick a pine tree... well, you get where I'm going.

Anyone else have a Christmas song they downright hate?
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby luke » Wed Dec 3, '08, 11:30 pm

all of them. christmas music is the sound of the devil.
cooper, today you remind me of a small mexican chihuahua
luke
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 9

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Dec 4, '08, 12:26 am

Offhand I can't think of any Christmas music that I really hate, but I'm sure there is something that probably gets on my nerves from time to time.

I remember someone in the family was playing Christmas Music before Thanksgiving even and that sort of got on my nerves. I think we ought to enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday before moving into the Christmas holiday. One holiday at a time.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Dec 4, '08, 1:23 am

Silver_Surfer1 wrote:I remember someone in the family was playing Christmas Music before Thanksgiving even and that sort of got on my nerves. I think we ought to enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday before moving into the Christmas holiday. One holiday at a time.

Fully agreed there, I hate hearing Christmas music before Thanksgiving.

And I'm going to name 'We wish you a Merry Christmas.' Mainly because last year, in choir, we had two separate repertoires of songs...one for our own concert, and one with a community choir. Our own program included one version of that song, and the combined program had another version, and then ANOTHER iteration in a medley of Christmas music. So all in all, in one semester, I had to sing three different versions of the song and now I've grown to hate it because I got so sick of it last year.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lemina » Thu Dec 4, '08, 3:05 am

White Christmas. That song drawls like no other. Although remembering how some of my old classmates sang it in French made it amusing~
I really enjoy hearing Christmas music in general~ They're cheerful and they get me in the mood for Christmas. Like Silver_Surfer though, I dislike hearing them before Thanksgiving. By time the actual season comes, the music isn't so enjoyable anymore.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Thoul » Thu Dec 4, '08, 8:43 am

I don't like the Chipmunk songs or that one about the kid wishing for his front teeth.

luke wrote:all of them. christmas music is the sound of the devil.

I have to ask, why do you say that? I've never heard Christmas music described in that way.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby newsblade » Thu Dec 4, '08, 1:52 pm

Unfortunately Christmas musics is constantly repeated in this months, specially in shopping and TV. I get tired of them before Christmas starts.
ImageImage
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby Rudo » Fri Dec 5, '08, 3:30 am

I can not stand to listen to the song titled I'm getting Nothing For Christmas. :fiery:
Rudo
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 192

Postby Lucas » Fri Dec 5, '08, 11:34 am

I dont mind listening to a few christmas songs here and there but after a while they all tick me off especially when they keep replaying on the radio and in shopping centers. Kinda like them old singing Disney movies that keep getting replayed on TV. I can't stand them. :fiery:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Dec 6, '08, 7:27 pm

I don't much line "The Grinch" christmas song. For some reason, I can't stand that guy. :grumpy:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Next

Return to Tootin' Tunes