Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 8, '08, 11:09 pm 
Ok, now at the top of my list is that song about the kid wanting to buy shoes for his dying mom. Nice song and all, but the radio station I've been listening to has run it into the ground. It's not that great.


Top
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 9, '08, 9:40 pm 
Thoul wrote:Ok, now at the top of my list is that song about the kid wanting to buy shoes for his dying mom.

That song is HORRIBLE, it's trying so hard to be a tearjerker it's nauseating. Still, I slightly prefer it to that Paul McCartney Christmas song.


Top
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, '08, 5:07 am 
I am not fond of that ' run, run, rudolph ' song either. Silly and I just don't get it. :roll:


Top
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, '08, 10:38 pm 
hugues wrote:That song is HORRIBLE, it's trying so hard to be a tearjerker it's nauseating. Still, I slightly prefer it to that Paul McCartney Christmas song.


Yeah. I liked it the first couple of times, but it gets old really fast. Is the Paul McCartney song that one that asks if people know it's Christmas? That's another one that tries way too hard.


Top
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, '08, 11:11 pm 
I don't know if you guys watch the Christmas cartoons on tv but the radio played a song about 3 times in a row last night thanks to a few listeners phoning in. The song is that song from the Jack Frost cartoon. Its burned in my mind now and I can't get it out!


Top
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, '08, 4:37 pm 
Thoul wrote:Is the Paul McCartney song that one that asks if people know it's Christmas? That's another one that tries way too hard.

Nah, that's the Bob Geldoff ("We are the world" guy) produced song with Bono and other popular singers of the time. I guess it's supposed to be about whether starving kids in Africa know it's Christmas. Since they're predominantly non-Christian a better title would be "Do they care it's Christmas".

The Paul McCartney one repeats "Simply having a wonderful Christmastime" over and over and over again.


Top
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, '08, 1:56 pm 
Ugh, I hate songs that just repeat one phrase over and over. I don't think I've actually heard that one, so I'll count myself lucky on that account.


Top
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, '08, 9:05 pm 
Thoul wrote:Ugh, I hate songs that just repeat one phrase over and over. I don't think I've actually heard that one, so I'll count myself lucky on that account.


^ This is the reason why I HATE virtually ALL Christmas songs


Top
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, '09, 8:04 am 
I hate them all...I really do. But I used to work in local places where they played this stuff all day, every day. Considering there are only 12 different christmas songs, it get's old really fast. There is only one song that I like, and I can't remember it XD


Top
 Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: