New Message Board Profile Features

Site and forum news announced on the front page.

New Message Board Profile Features

Postby Thoul » Wed Jun 20, '07, 11:55 pm

The message board has been updated with some new features in user profiles. In the Profile area, members can now enter their birthday. Every member with a birthday in the next thirty days will automatically be listed near the bottom of the Message Board index page. Also new in the Profile area are additional date format selections and an "Attach my signature to my prior posts" option.

Member profile pages (here's mine for an example) have been reorganized. The number of Quizzes each member has posted is now listed there, along with the new birth date field. These pages also now have new, shorter urls. Previously, viewing these pages required a log in; this restriction has been removed. Contact information and websites are still hidden from non-members to keep those details away from spammers.

Entering a birth date is completely optional: it is not required. If you wish, you can enter the month and day without a year. The listing on the board index may be reduced to a smaller time frame in the future, depending on growth of the forum.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: New Message Board Profile Features

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Jun 24, '07, 6:57 pm

Sounds cool, Thoul. I need to go check this out. My birthday's coming up soon. :wink: :cake: :yes:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Return to Site Announcements