More Different Rika Pin Up.

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

Night Time in Aiedo

Night Time in Aiedo

View Gallery Page

Re: More Different Rika Pin Up.

Postby meteor9 » Sat Jul 24, '10, 9:49 am

Thoul wrote:I don't think I've said it before, so: welcome to the community, meteor9. :)

Hey, thanks for having me!

Thoul wrote:I like the detail you put into this piece, particularly in Rika's hair and the background. The shading of the room, with parts of it being in shadow, is very nice. If I were to offer a suggestion for improvement, it would be to place some more shading on Rika herself. The black outfit wouldn't lend itself well to that, but some slightly darker shading on sections of her skin might be nice. The fingers on the door seem a little short in proportion to the rest of Rika's body. I imagine you might have been for them to be curled a bit, wrapping around the door frame perhaps. But some shading on them might bring that out more.

Both very excellent points, and only one do I have an excuse for! That'd be the shading: I was afraid to shade her too much since, as far as I was figuring, the only light source was directly behind her and so she'd be mostly shadow with an outline of somewhat brightness. Of course, I went to do this and decided "BUT ME CAN'T SEE LADY" and lightened it up, thus kinda ruining the whole effect.

tl:dr, yup, you're right!

The fingers were just me having hilarious issues with drawing hands for the last five years or so.

MrKite wrote:Hey meteor9, would be possible for you to draw some sexy pics of Alys Brangwin?

I've tried in the past, lord how I've tried, but I can never do her justice. I'll take a crack at it again eventually, no worries there.

Everyone wrote:Everything

Thanks guys, you all sure know how to make someone feel welcome. :happy_marle:
meteor9
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 44

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Jul 24, '10, 2:09 pm

You know, I like the piece overall. The detail and overall shading is nice. In fact, you did her hair REALLY well. But if I may suggest an improvement, something about her face just doesn't work for me. I don't know what it is. I think it just looks too narrow and angular to me. Maybe in future works, you could adjust that to something a little more balanced? I think it would look better, IMO.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Sat Jul 24, '10, 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Rune_Walsh » Sat Jul 24, '10, 3:43 pm

Caged Wolf wrote:But if I may suggest an improvement, something about her face just doesn't work for me. I don't know what it is. I think it just looks too narrow and angular to me. Maybe in future works, you could adjust that to something a little more balanced? I think it would look better, IMO.

Interesting, as I find Rika's profile in this piece to be very soft and feminine. Just my :2c: though.
Last edited by Rune_Walsh on Sat Jul 24, '10, 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Thoul » Mon Jul 26, '10, 7:54 pm

meteor9 wrote:Both very excellent points, and only one do I have an excuse for! That'd be the shading: I was afraid to shade her too much since, as far as I was figuring, the only light source was directly behind her and so she'd be mostly shadow with an outline of somewhat brightness. Of course, I went to do this and decided "BUT ME CAN'T SEE LADY" and lightened it up, thus kinda ruining the whole effect.

tl:dr, yup, you're right!

The fingers were just me having hilarious issues with drawing hands for the last five years or so.

Ah, that makes sense on the shading. You definitely wouldn't want her to become too dark. I can see how that would happen very easily. In that case, I would have done it like this as well. :up:

And I can relate on the hands. I always had a horrible time trying to draw hands, too.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Nov 15, '10, 5:29 pm

Bumping this Rika art up again. One can never see too much of Rika! :wink:

Excellent drawing! :clap:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby R-90-2 » Tue Oct 23, '12, 11:40 pm

Yeah, no complaints here, really. I think this is the pic that made me remember that Chaz 1. Still had a house, and 2. Space to share with certain a certain adorable Numan.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Postby myau56 » Tue Dec 18, '12, 2:58 pm

I've never seen this Rika Puin Up artwork before and I'll say congratulations ! Very nice drawing here, even if I agree with WB concerning the face ! But that's not too important :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby meteor9 » Thu Dec 20, '12, 7:44 am

Aaaugh this thing is ancient and wonky as all get out.

I mean I'm glad you can appreciate it, but whenever I look at it all I see is the glaring issues. Granted, two years from now I'll say the same thing about what I'm doing today. Hell, that usually starts that same week. :B
meteor9
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 44

Postby myau56 » Thu Dec 20, '12, 8:24 am

No problem about the glaring issues ! That's a bit logical, two years after ! But really, that's a good artwork, even with the glaring issues ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby MrKite » Mon Sep 2, '13, 10:11 am

Did you ever do an Alys pin up? :D
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

PreviousNext

Return to Artwork