More Anniversary Stuff

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

More Anniversary Stuff

Postby Thoul » Thu Dec 20, '07, 8:39 pm

Sega has updated their 20th anniversary page with some new content. The illustration contest is over and the winners can be found here:
http://phantasystar.sega.jp/20th/illust/award/

They are also running a mobile phone based contest, with one of the prizes being the 20th celebration poster. I'm a bit unsure of the translation, but I think one of the posters might be autographed by various creators of the series:
http://sega.jp/segamoba/news/nr_071220.html
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Neithird » Thu Dec 20, '07, 9:52 pm

Some of that artwork looks really weird. But some is cool and I like a few pieces. There's a lot of Nei stuff in there.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby PSP » Mon Dec 24, '07, 11:14 pm

Hm, it also appears that they've announced the Phantasy Star collection for PS2 as the next game in the Sega Ages series. Though it's 100% sure to be only a collection of ports, I might get it for completion's sake.

-Corey
PSP
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 20

Postby Thoul » Tue Dec 25, '07, 12:04 am

Well, that took them long enough. Did they announce a date for that release yet? It's been a long time since they first mentioned the ports collection on the Generation 2 site.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby felexion » Tue Dec 25, '07, 12:44 am

thats nuts!!! really enjoy the illustrations, is the main art on the main page (http://phantasystar.sega.jp/20th/) available for download somewhere without the japanese text on top it? The anniversary art.
felexion
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 8

Postby Thoul » Tue Dec 25, '07, 1:01 am

You can find another version of that here:
http://segadirect.jp/Catalog/CustomPage ... _goods.htm
They're selling it as a poster on that page. There's an image link to a version of the picture without all that text on it there.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PSP » Tue Dec 25, '07, 9:02 pm

Thoul wrote:Well, that took them long enough. Did they announce a date for that release yet? It's been a long time since they first mentioned the ports collection on the Generation 2 site.

No date that I can see, but they appear to have it in the "Next Title" box, so I'd guess we'll see it in Q1 2008. I'm curious to see what, if anything, they do.

-Corey
PSP
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 20

Postby Thoul » Mon Dec 31, '07, 11:42 pm

Some news sites are reporting a date of March 27 or 28 for the collection, under the name "Phantasy Star Complete Collection," but I've yet to see a source for that. They also say it's going to have some added features to the games like difficulty settings.

Also for anyone interested, Sega has added three more pages of fanart submitted for the recent contest:
http://phantasystar.sega.jp/20th/illust/list/
There's a lot of art there.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Tsunami » Tue Jan 1, '08, 2:08 am

I'm glad I looked through there, as there's some nice PSIII artwork (not much, sadly).
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby newsblade » Mon Feb 4, '08, 6:21 pm

Phantasy Star Complete Collection [TBA in 27.Mar.2008 in Japan]

«Return to the Algol Star System and revisit world spanning adventures with characters such as Alisa, Lutz, Nei, Eusis, and others. It's been over two decades since Phantasy Star first appeared so join Sega in celebrating the 20th Anniversary of the Phantasy franchise. The game was originally released for the SG-1000 Mark III on December 20, 1987 and for the Sega Master System one year later. Phantasy Star Complete Collection includes the following games on a single Playstation 2 CD:

Phantasy Star
Phantasy Star II
Phantasy Star III
Phantasy Star IV
Phantasy Star II Text Adventures (8 episodes)»

Those games will have more save spots, difficult and characters’ speed settings. I would call “Phantasy Star Almost Complete Collection” to this Sega Ages release since they not included the GameGear and PS2 games (a total of 4 games missing). There's also a Gallery section on the CD includes scans of instruction manuals, artwork, and other presentations from the Phantasy Star historical record. A leaflet which contains information on the game will also be inserted inside every copy of the game.

Price: US$29
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Next

Return to Classic Series