More Anniversary Stuff

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Postby Dorrinal » Mon Feb 4, '08, 6:45 pm

Interesting, but will we see it in English?
Dorrinal
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 11

Postby newsblade » Mon Feb 4, '08, 7:23 pm

The problem is that Sega released (last year) a "Megadrive Collection" (or Genesis in US) for PS2 and PSP with PSII, PSIII and PSIV on it.

After that I don't know if the artwork, eight PSII-text-adventures and PSI are arguments for people to buy this new pack... ok, maybe they are (at least to me), but if Sega-US made us a surprise and add PSgen1 and PSgen2 (and "gaiden" and "adventures" as well) it certainly would be a hit.

PSIV-remake alone would be enough for a PS2 game*... they don't need to wait for that game to release the others.

* - I’m supposing they are planning to do a decent and deserved remake (well… if they are still planning that, since PSIIremake character’s designs were too criticized - among other things).
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby Thoul » Tue Feb 5, '08, 6:01 am

I doubt we'll get this collection, just because Sega would have to translate the text adventures. It's possible that they might surprise me, but I haven't noticed Sega of America doing anything for the anniversary.

So, is that the official cover art for the Complete Collection? It looks pretty good. Elsydeon is a bit short, but overall very nice.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby newsblade » Tue Feb 5, '08, 12:02 pm

Yes, I think it is because I got that from sega-ages site http://sega.jp/ps2/ages32/
(It's the same as the "next title" cover (I mean, the background picture is the same) but they added the main characters instead of "phantasy star" logo.)

I like it as well since is the first time characters are in "anime" style on a PS game cover. Besides I think Chaz is a very difficult character to draw (and he's not bad here) and I also think that Rolf is better here than in PS2-remake.

Elsydeon is a bit short, but overall very nice.

I thought the same
"why is chaz holding a toy? I hope is one of those from Termi... no wait is Elsydeon! It must have an 'eye of thundera' on it."
I was hopping to see the other character’s swords to compare to elsydeon and see if they were the same or not, but they didn’t fell for it.

unofficial cover
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Tsunami » Tue Feb 5, '08, 4:09 pm

I am happy with the box art! I suppose I just dig the anime look for the characters. :D

And ditto on Rolf's design, newsblade. I think it looks MUCH better than PSG2's design for him.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Reno » Tue Feb 5, '08, 6:00 pm

Tsunami wrote:And ditto on Rolf's design, newsblade. I think it looks MUCH better than PSG2's design for him.

You're talking about the North American box art right? That one looked so creepy! I thought the Japanese one made Rolf look a lot like Marth from Fire Emblem, (especially his new Super Smash Bros. Melee look).

Yeah, as everyone else is saying I doubt it will come to the states, as such, a European release is completely hopeless.
"Science was dealt a crippling blow the instant that its conclusions were deemed to be subject to democracy."
[face=Arial][/face]
Reno
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 18

Postby Dorrinal » Tue Feb 5, '08, 6:11 pm

Tsunami wrote:I am happy with the box art! I suppose I just dig the anime look for the characters. :D

And ditto on Rolf's design, newsblade. I think it looks MUCH better than PSG2's design for him.

It's nice to see all the characters drawn by the same hand, but I'll give "thumbs down" to the anime style. Agreed on the sentiment on Rolf's design -- I'm not sure I like the "fresh out of the shower" look he has in PSG2. :)
Dorrinal
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 11

Postby newsblade » Tue Feb 5, '08, 8:24 pm

You're talking about the North American box art right? That one looked so creepy! I thought the Japanese one made Rolf look a lot like Marth from Fire Emblem, (especially his new Super Smash Bros. Melee look).

No, this time we were talking about this:

Rolf in PS-complete box vs Rolf in PS2remake
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Reno » Tue Feb 5, '08, 9:37 pm

Ah, now I understand Dorrinal's "fresh out of the shower" statement more! Regardless, the newer box art does look much better.
"Science was dealt a crippling blow the instant that its conclusions were deemed to be subject to democracy."
[face=Arial][/face]
Reno
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 18

Postby SparkyIII » Tue Feb 5, '08, 10:51 pm

Lol, he looks like a goof in the right side.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Previous

Return to Classic Series