Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Monopoly makeover
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, '11, 9:53 pm 
The classic and fun board game, Monopoly, Is getting a new makeover to help spruce up sales and interest for the game, however, it remains to be seen whether fans of the game will like these new changes or still prefer playing the older versions of the game:

http://blog.games.yahoo.com/blog/396-ne ... -computer/

Some other classic board games may be getting a new makeover also, especially if this new monopoly version does well.

What do you think of this new Monopoly makeover? Which version had you rather play, the newer version or the older classic versions with dice and money, etc.?

Post subject: Re: Monopoly makeover
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, '11, 11:47 pm 
Eh, I'll just stick with my old board and dice versions. This new electronic version might be nice for young families, but somehow I don't think it will take off. Electronic updates to board games don't seem to fare all that well in general.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, '11, 8:57 pm 
I find it kinda scary. The big tower watching over me...seems like some kind of AI that want to kill us all from some Sci-Fi movie...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, '11, 9:40 pm 
My friends and I always followed the rules rather loosely--so I think the new version would kinda squash the fun I had with Monopoly. This version would be nice for butthats that take too many liberties for themselves, however.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 3, '11, 2:36 am 
Gotta agree with Lemina here. While I'm all up for the AI, I think it's better left off for video games rather than a board game.

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]