Molcom

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Molcom

Postby Heikabuchi » Fri Nov 9, '07, 11:55 pm

What was Molcom like before Zios demolition?
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby Tsunami » Sat Nov 10, '07, 12:13 am

I don't think we'll ever know, as the Motavians won't let you enter town in the beginning. My guess is that it had many houses similar to the ones in Tonoe.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Heikabuchi » Sat Nov 10, '07, 12:16 am

A sad truth. I think that Tonoe is a little busier than Molcom though. Molcom gives me the "Get thu hell offa my property befur I shewt yoo! We dun lyke strangers 'round these parts mister." kind of feeling where Tonoe strikes me as a Motavian Las Vegas. xD
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby Thoul » Sat Nov 10, '07, 12:24 am

I once edited a save game to put the party behind the fence and Motavians so I could explore Molcum before it was destroyed and see what was actually up there.

Sadly, it was exactly the same. :(
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Heikabuchi » Sat Nov 10, '07, 12:25 am

Nooooooooooooooooo!!! ;_; Thoul! You mean person! You had to go and ruin my childhood fantasy! >| Naw, it's all good. :P
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby Thoul » Sat Nov 10, '07, 2:09 am

Mwahaha! Score one point for the dark side. :darkside:

But seriously, I was disappointed. I had hoped there would be actual houses at least. I guess it was too much to hope for. Even Rune was still there. :sweat:
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Heikabuchi » Sat Nov 10, '07, 4:36 am

Wow.. o_o;;
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby SparkyIII » Sat Nov 10, '07, 8:51 am

XD, that would be funny, the two standing at the gate you just walk right past them and see the town is already gone. And Rune?! What are you doing here. *it goes through the meetin rune scene*

But the buildings would be cool to see how they really would have looked like. They wouldn't be the same as Tonue, because they have those same houses in that town where the buildings got destroyed. They're just tents.

What confuses me is the tunnel they have in the back room in Tonue, its like, 3 levels deep! In the pathetic little tent.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Neithird » Sat Nov 10, '07, 4:44 pm

And why are there monsters in there, too? It's in the Motavian town and the place is sealed with one entrance, so where did they all come from?
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Tsunami » Sat Nov 10, '07, 11:21 pm

SparkyIII wrote:But the buildings would be cool to see how they really would have looked like. They wouldn't be the same as Tonue, because they have those same houses in that town where the buildings got destroyed. They're just tents.
I had assumed that they also lived in tents because of what the burnt-down ruins looked like. Kinda small to be houses. o:

Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Next

Return to Phantasy Star IV