Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, '09, 4:43 pm 
Michael Jackson's famous Moonwalk glove has sold for $350K during auction:

http://entertainment.msn.com/news/artic ... &GT1=28102

Wow, that sounds like quite an auction.

It sounds like there were also some items up for auction from other entertainers like Elvis Presley also. :starry-eyed:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, '09, 5:09 pm 
I find that astounding that someone would spend that much money on something like that. But hey, whatever floats your boat...

*Glances at Earthbound cartridge.* Then again, maybe I'm just a hypocrite.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, '09, 5:30 pm 
Honestly, I'm surprised it didn't bring a higher price. $500, 000 is the ballpark I would have expected. That glove is, or was, a pretty famous pop culture symbol for a long time.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, '09, 11:10 pm 
It honestly doesn't surprise me. If it's what they like and they wanted it THAT badly...more power to them.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, '09, 3:03 am 
Wow, and on gloves. :blank:

I wish I had $350,000 at the moment. But it wouldn’t be going to gloves that's for sure. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, '09, 6:26 pm 
Just to note, Lucas, it was only one glove. ;) It's not even a pair because Michael Jackson only wore one during his performance. If there had been two, the price probably wouldn't have gone as high. The lack of a second glove is part of what made the one so famous.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, '09, 1:29 am 
Well that just goes to show how much money Michael Jackson and his belongings are worth. Quite amazing really.

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]