Mission Impossible 4

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Mission Impossible 4

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Jun 18, '09, 9:43 pm

Looks like there will be a Mission Impossible 4 movie with Tom Cruise, of course:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111800 ... id=13&cs=1

Anyone a fan of these Mission Impossible movies?

I loved the old TV series, and the first movie was pretty good, but I think they lost me after that first one!

Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Mission Impossible 4

Postby Thoul » Thu Jun 18, '09, 11:36 pm

That's a surprise. I thought Cruise had cut all ties with the company that made those movies. I guess he must be needing some more work now.

As for the films themselves... the first one was good, but I was disappointed that the second and third discarded the entire cast except for Cruise and that one other guy... Ving Rhames, I think is his name? He's a good actor and I tend to enjoy his movies, so I'm glad he was in these at least. I just would have liked to see some of the original characters again. The series became a vehicle for Cruise exclusively rather than the team stories I expected.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Mission Impossible 4

Postby Darkil » Fri Jun 19, '09, 1:54 pm

The first one was good and I didn't mind the third, but Cruise has certainly sullied his name so much that most people don't care or don't like him anymore. I think it's the whole "pyscho" attitude with his newfound hope in scientology [not knocking anyone who is a scientologist]. I felt that around the time of the third movie is when he seemed to be losing his sanity. I'll have to see some previews of this before I can make an accurate judgement but for an early one all I can say is, WHY?!?!
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Return to Feature Films