Surging Aura

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

Surging Aura

Postby Lucas » Tue Jan 20, '09, 1:49 am

I was browsing the list of RPGs for Sega Megadrive (Genesis in your case :wink: ) on gamefaqs yesterday when I came across an rpg called Surging Aura. I doubt anybody has heard of it I know I didn't until yesterday. Not much info was there for it because it was a Japanese only game. But none the less I decided to download the ROM to try it out. I starting playing and found out it was very similar to PSIV in terms of anime style characters and cut scenes, the battle system has a mild set out too PSIV but it works slightly different I'm still trying to figure it out myself. I'm sure there would be an english translation patch for it some where out there too. But I haven't got around to searching for it yet however.

I took some screen shots of my gameplay to show you guys:

Title Screen:

Free Roam:
Image Image Image

One of the first cut scenes:

The Battle System:
Image Image

Anyways I think its worth the check out if your interested in heavly done Japanese anime rpgs but if I were you I'd still go search for the english patch like I'm gonna do :)

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Thoul » Tue Jan 20, '09, 4:04 am

I've never heard of that one before, but it does look interesting. That art style looks very familiar, but I can't place it offhand.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lemina » Tue Jan 20, '09, 12:45 pm

Looks fun~ Although if it doesn't have an English patch; it'd probably be really hard to play.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Darkil » Tue Jan 20, '09, 6:13 pm

I would love to play that. It certainly looks like a worthy RPG that didn't grace the American consoles. I have to agree with Lemina, without a patch I wouldn't be able to enjoy it to the full potential that those screen shots promise.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Lucas » Wed Jan 21, '09, 1:09 am

Okay...

Good news: I found an english patch :wink:

Bad news: the patch is only partially finished thus a fare bit no actually a whole lot of the game is still in Japanese :blank: . I have no idea why the translators stopped work on the english translation and currently no body has touched the translating process for a few years. :bang:

Heres the patch site encase you still wanna check out whats done:
http://www.eidolons-inn.net/old/etg/sa/sa.htm
what a crying shame... :(

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Schala Zeal » Wed Jan 21, '09, 7:02 pm

Lucas wrote:Okay...

Good news: I found an english patch :wink:

Bad news: the patch is only partially finished thus a fare bit no actually a whole lot of the game is still in Japanese :blank: . I have no idea why the translators stopped work on the english translation and currently no body has touched the translating process for a few years. :bang:

Heres the patch site encase you still wanna check out whats done:
http://www.eidolons-inn.net/old/etg/sa/sa.htm
what a crying shame... :(

The translators probably just got bored of the project. D: I hate it when that happens. Back on topic:
This RPG looks fun! By any chance, do you know what the basic plot for the story is?
Schala Zeal
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 21

Postby Darkil » Wed Jan 21, '09, 7:33 pm

Any idea's on how old this treasure is? It looks to be around mid to early 90's from the screen shots.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Lucas » Thu Jan 22, '09, 3:01 am

@ Schala: Not really but its definitly got a medieval setting. I presume the man with the purple hair on the title screen is who you are when you start only he's a little younger and the purple haird woman and the big fella come into the story later. I wish I could answer your question in a bit more depth I'm sorry I hope this helps though.

@ Dakril: 1994 (One year after PSIV was made)

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Return to Retro Roundup