Some questions for you Wii owners

Examine the concepts and building blocks of games and systems with us.

Some questions for you Wii owners

Postby S4Blade » Sat Aug 31, '13, 1:54 am

I've decided that I'm finally going to take my Wii out of the box and play it in the near future. I got the Mario Kart bundle (don't even like the game). Anyway, it comes with a Wiimote, a Wii Motion plus, a nunchuk, and all of the regular console stuff. However, I've come to terms that I still need a few accessories to make my Wii journey more enjoyable.

I've ordered a Nyko rechargable battery pack with the charger stand, a 2 GB Sandisk Memory card, and a Wii Controller Pro. Is there anything else that you think I will need? I'm usually pretty good with keeping up on accessoriers and stuff, but the Wii kind of confuses me a bit since it's a little different than other consoles.

Finally, games.

Here are a list of games I plan on getting either via Amazon.

Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution
Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 2
Madworld
No More Heroes
Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3
Rogue Trooper: The Quartz Zone Massacre
No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Castle of Shikigami III
Xenoblade Chronicles
The Last Story
Pandora's Tower
The Conduit
The Conduit 2
Red Steel 2

Are there any other game that you could recommend for me? Keep in mind that I really don't like first party Nintendo games, so please don't recommend them, and I already have a Gamecube, so I won't be playing Gamecube games on it.

I guess I'm looking for some games that might have slipped by me. Feel free to recommend games and ask questions. Thanks a bunch, I appreciate any answers you can give me.
Last edited by S4Blade on Tue Dec 24, '13, 5:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Re: Some questions for you Wii owners

Postby Snorb » Sat Aug 31, '13, 4:04 am

Games I will recommend wholeheartedly as a Wii owner (who hasn't used it in a few years...)

Actual Honest to God Physical Wii Optical Discs
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
PunchOut!!
GoldenEye 007

Stuff You Should Shell Out a Few Bucks For On the Virtual Console
Phantasy Star
Phantasy Star II
Phantasy Star III
Phantasy Star IV
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Sonic and Knuckles
Space Harrier
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
Super Mario World
Final Fantasy VI [Listed on the store as Final Fantasy III] Actually, ignore this and just go buy Final Fantasy VI Advance.
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Aug 31, '13, 6:26 am

Yes yes, absolutely yes on Madworld and the No More Heroes games. Those were some of my favorites on the Wii. If you don't have it on PS2 or PS3, I'd also recommend you get Okami, as the Wii version is easier to find than the PS2 version (though if you have a PS3, get it on PSN as a download - remastered in HD!) Lastly, I'd recommend a game that it seems no one's heard of but I loved called Deadly Creatures. However, I'll qualify that by saying if you're arachnophobic, avoid that game like the plague.

Can't think of any others at the moment.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby S4Blade » Sat Aug 31, '13, 10:53 pm

Snorb wrote:Games I will recommend wholeheartedly as a Wii owner (who hasn't used it in a few years...)

Actual Honest to God Physical Wii Optical Discs
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
PunchOut!!
GoldenEye 007

Stuff You Should Shell Out a Few Bucks For On the Virtual Console
Phantasy Star
Phantasy Star II
Phantasy Star III
Phantasy Star IV
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Sonic and Knuckles
Space Harrier
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
Super Mario World
Final Fantasy VI [Listed on the store as Final Fantasy III] Actually, ignore this and just go buy Final Fantasy VI Advance.

I already have Final Fantasy VI Advance. It's quite an under rated version of the game that flew under a lot of peoples' radars. Thanks for the recommendation, but most of those games don't interest me. Like I said, I'm not big on Nintendo first party games.

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Postby S4Blade » Sat Aug 31, '13, 11:00 pm

Wolf Bird wrote:Yes yes, absolutely yes on Madworld and the No More Heroes games. Those were some of my favorites on the Wii. If you don't have it on PS2 or PS3, I'd also recommend you get Okami, as the Wii version is easier to find than the PS2 version (though if you have a PS3, get it on PSN as a download - remastered in HD!) Lastly, I'd recommend a game that it seems no one's heard of but I loved called Deadly Creatures. However, I'll qualify that by saying if you're arachnophobic, avoid that game like the plague.

Can't think of any others at the moment.

Madworld and the No More Heroes games are a few of the games I'm really looking forward to playing. I've heard good things about them .

I already tried Okami on the PS2 and I don't think it's my kind of game. I can see the draw, I just didn't stick with it long.

Good call on Deadly Creatures. I might have to put this game on my list. The game might creep me out a bit since I don't really like spiders, but some gameplay videos I just watched make it seem kind of interesting. So I might check it out.
Last edited by S4Blade on Sat Aug 31, '13, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Postby myau56 » Mon Jan 27, '14, 9:52 pm

Muramasa the Demon's Blade is great too ! But I hope you like this sort of games ;)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Return to Tech and Design