Hurricane Irma

Chat about things happening around the world.

Hurricane Irma

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Sep 1, '17, 2:21 am

Irma has now become a Hurricane. Keeping an eye on this one as it has the potential to be a problem for other parts of the USA.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topsto ... cid=AARDHP
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Hurricane Irma

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Sep 2, '17, 2:52 pm

While it's too far out to be sure, it is unfortunately on track right now come this way and possibly as a major storm.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby myau56 » Sat Sep 2, '17, 6:49 pm

All those hurricanes are too much ! :( But alas nature is here...
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue Sep 5, '17, 9:47 pm

Well...last advisory (new one due in 15 minutes from this writing) had its maximum sustained winds at 185 MPH, with minimum central pressure dropping, which indicates further intensifying. It's tied with other storms for the second most intense hurricane in the Atlantic and I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes top. The Caribbean islands are in for a very rough time in the next few days and Florida probably will be come this weekend.
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Sep 6, '17, 10:02 pm

Irma's now maintained 185 MPH sustained winds for over 24 hours. That is insane. Miami is also now forecast for it to take a direct hit from the storm, and it'll probably be at least category 4 when it hits. The Caribbean is being battered at this very moment.

Wolf Bird

Postby myau56 » Thu Sep 7, '17, 11:43 am

I've watched some videos at the news and it was highly impressive ! I've never seen that before... :( let's all think about them...
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Sep 8, '17, 1:30 am

Well, there are several other hurricanes that have formed now. Besides Irma, there is Katia and Jose, (I think that is the name of the last one), although none of these appear to pose a threat anywhere right now, except for Irma! Keeping a close eye on Irma today and all this week.

Irma is not expected to make a direct hit anywhere near where I live right now, however, things could change depending on which way it goes. Whichever way it goes we will still probably suffer some effects off of it in the way of high winds, rain, etc. It's still too early to tell. So, as I said we are keeping a very close eye on the news and weather reports, and preparing as best we can by making sure we have adequate supplies, etc.

Everyone who is anywhere near the path of this storm, please be preparing now and try and stay safe. This is not a storm to mess with.

UPDATE: I just read that Jose is now a cat 3.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/201 ... 640794001/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/201 ... 640761001/
Last edited by Silver_Surfer1 on Fri Sep 8, '17, 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby myau56 » Fri Sep 8, '17, 1:01 pm

All those hurricanes/storms (Three) and now an earthquake...:(
Last edited by myau56 on Fri Sep 8, '17, 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Sep 8, '17, 4:27 pm

Katia is actually posing a pretty serious threat to southern Mexico, and it might do something similar to Harvey - linger, and dump a lot rain in one area. And it might be a category 2 when it makes landfall. Jose isn't looking to threaten much of anything except maritime interests right now, and might just get picked up by a Bermuda high and head back out into the Atlantic ocean instead of affecting land. Irma is looking to make a direct hit on southern Florida, especially Miami, after causing some truly serious damage in a lot of the Caribbean Islands.

Wolf Bird

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Sep 8, '17, 8:45 pm

More updates on the Hurricanes below. It looks like Irma may be coming very, very close to our area but thankfully she will then probably be downgraded to a cat 1 or less. When I said in the shoutbox that I would be hurricane watching, I really meant it. Keeping a very close eye on Irma. Stocked up with supplies if needed and praying she will lose steam. Last I heard Jose may be a cat 4 now, but as Wolf Bird stated above, I also heard that Jose will not pose much a threat to anywhere.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/ ... 644946001/

Stay safe everyone!

Silver_Surfer1

Next

Return to Current Events