Michael Jackson

Get up and move your body to the beat of music discussions.

Michael Jackson

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Jan 29, '08, 6:20 am

I heard today that Michael Jackson is going to re-release his hit song of several years ago titled " Thriller ". It was a huge hit for him then. I'm not sure why he is rereleasing it now. Anyone remember the song? Anyone like it?

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Tsunami » Tue Jan 29, '08, 6:26 am

Aye, I like some of his music (even if he is weird and creepy :blank: ). I think that maybe he's rereleasing it to get some quick cash, as he's been in debt for awhile now.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Tue Jan 29, '08, 8:26 pm

He's probably hoping the nostalgia factor will make it sell well again. Everything old is new again. That's been the trend in a lot of things lately. I can't see too many people buying it today, though.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby hugues » Tue Jan 29, '08, 10:53 pm

"several years ago" - try 25. When I was a kid Michael Jackson was huge, bigger than whoever the most popular artist today is x10. I'll admit, he has a few songs I still enjoy today if I mentally separate the artist from the art. "Thriller" is not one of my favorites though.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Jan 29, '08, 11:12 pm

Tsunami wrote:Aye, I like some of his music (even if he is weird and creepy :blank: ). I think that maybe he's rereleasing it to get some quick cash, as he's been in debt for awhile now.

Yes, I've heard about his troubles with debt, etc. I don't understand why he just doesn't do a live concert or a few concerts at different places or cities and earn more money. I don't know if they would all "sell out" but I think enough people would go that he could earn a lotta bucks. I heard he and his brothers (The Jackson Five) were going to do a reunion tour, but that hasn't happened yet.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Jan 29, '08, 11:17 pm

hugues wrote:"several years ago" - try 25. When I was a kid Michael Jackson was huge, bigger than whoever the most popular artist today is x10. I'll admit, he has a few songs I still enjoy today if I mentally separate the artist from the art. "Thriller" is not one of my favorites though.

It's a shame that someone once so well thought of has lost favor with so many as Jackson seems to have done.

Interesting comment you made regarding "separating the artist from the art. I get your drift, I believe.

I also don't like "Thriller". It is my least favorite of all his songs, I think.

Silver_Surfer1

Return to Tootin' Tunes