Michael Jackson is dead

Sports, movies, music, TV, and other forms of fun.

Re: Michael Jackson is dead

Postby Darkil » Mon Jun 29, '09, 4:49 pm

Here's something that is, in my opinion, ridiculous regardless of the situation

Fight over King of Pop's Death
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby XxEnslavedNekoxX » Mon Jun 29, '09, 5:09 pm

Good god..so much for being able to state your opinion on things -_-..why do people take things out of hand?
XxEnslavedNekoxX
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 11

Postby Darkil » Mon Jun 29, '09, 5:20 pm

This reminds me of a gripe I had earlier where I stated that people seem to have a "kindergarten" mentality. Basically if no one agrees with them, then they get mad. I usually respond to that sort of thing with "Cry me a river".
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby XxEnslavedNekoxX » Mon Jun 29, '09, 5:42 pm

Yeah, I mean, getting mad is natural, but chasing someone with a knife just because of what they said is wrong. And regardless, they still had a point. But then again people kill others for stupid reasons all the time. Stories like this just don't inspire faith in humanity.
XxEnslavedNekoxX
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 11

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Jul 3, '09, 9:26 am

It's sad, but some people will want to fight over anything and everything. :roll:

Oh, and now there is some news about when the funeral for Michael Jackson will be. It seems as of now, the funeral will be on Tuesday, July 7th. Here are more details that are known as of now:

http://www.showbiz411.com/michael-jacks ... les-center

Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Jul 3, '09, 12:53 pm

@Darkil's article:.........you know, I think I'm just not going to comment on this one. That's how :o :roll: I feel. Man, people SUCK.

About the funeral...well, interesting place for a funeral. That's going to be quite the public spectacle.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Thoul » Fri Jul 3, '09, 6:21 pm

Yes... of course, the place they choose to bury him will also become a spectacle. And a tourist attraction; it'll be like Graceland, but in California.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Snorb » Sat Jul 4, '09, 4:50 am

Funny you bring up Graceland, Thoul- I asked my friends last week if Michael Jackson could be considered the Elvis of our generation.

I think so- like Elvis (and, as someone pointed out, Hank Williams), MJ died tragically, on the eve of a career revival. They helped pioneer music As We Know It (capitals because this is important), and leave behind a major legacy.

The consummate showman and performer is how I choose to remember him- not for the allegations, or the strange behavior, but for Off the Wall, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, HIStory, Blood on the Dance Floor, and Invincible (well, not so much Invincible).
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Jul 5, '09, 9:58 pm

Snorb wrote:Funny you bring up Graceland, Thoul- I asked my friends last week if Michael Jackson could be considered the Elvis of our generation.

I think so- like Elvis (and, as someone pointed out, Hank Williams), MJ died tragically, on the eve of a career revival. They helped pioneer music As We Know It (capitals because this is important), and leave behind a major legacy.

The consummate showman and performer is how I choose to remember him- not for the allegations, or the strange behavior, but for Off the Wall, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, HIStory, Blood on the Dance Floor, and Invincible (well, not so much Invincible).

Very interest post, Snorb! I think I would have to agree with just about everything you said here.

Yes, I guess Michael Jackson could be considered the Elvis of this generation, for many reasons. I think it's eerie that Michael Jackson was also married to Elvis's daughter, Lisa Marie, who has even said that she was afraid that something like this might be MJ's fate.

Most importantly, I will remember Michael Jackson for the things you stated also. There is bad and good in all of us, I think. He was only human, and had his faults and failures, as we all do. This is the way I try to remember Elvis also. I remember the beginnings of their careers and all the many, many things they accomplished along the way. Achievements that set them apart from so many others and that enriched the lives of so many of us, and gave us so much joy, love, and laughter.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Jul 5, '09, 10:03 pm

Read this morning that most of the major networks plan to show coverage of the Michael Jackson funeral on Tuesday:

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx ... &GT1=28102

So, do you plan to watch the funeral, or not?

Did anyone try to win any of the lottery tickets they are handing out to go to the funeral in person?????

Silver_Surfer1

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment