Michael Jackson is dead

Sports, movies, music, TV, and other forms of fun.

Re: Michael Jackson is dead

Postby Lucas » Fri Jun 26, '09, 11:16 am

It was all over the news here too. I wake up turn on the TV after making my coffee and Bam! it says Michael Jackson is dead. I was in a bit of shock to begin with. But I was never a huge fan of his. Still it's a great loss. :( :blank:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Darkil » Fri Jun 26, '09, 2:09 pm

Yeah I was really saddened to hear this. I'll admit I was a fan of his back in the 80's and I still dig some of his songs. I didn't care much for his actions in recent years but it's still very heart wrenching to hear about this considering he died at a fairly young age [compared to his brothers anyway]. I do agree with Thoul that this will be likened to Elvis death for years to come.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Darkil » Fri Jun 26, '09, 6:30 pm

Just saw some more info on this on Fixed News. Seems there was a doctor in MJ's home before the 911 call went out. When paramedics arrived on the scene, MJ was already in Cardiac Arrest. Now officials are looking for this Doctor and they can't seem to find him.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby XxEnslavedNekoxX » Fri Jun 26, '09, 6:47 pm

I wonder if he skipped town.
XxEnslavedNekoxX
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 11

Postby Thoul » Fri Jun 26, '09, 10:13 pm

Or maybe skipped the country. If he was doing something he shouldn't have, he probably realized that he might be brought up on charges for it.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Jun 26, '09, 10:44 pm

Darkil wrote:Fixed News

Off topic: Uh...do you watch Countdown with Keith Olbermann, but any chance?

On topic: Yeah, saw this all over the news last night. I...really can't say I feel much of anything. I realize he was a huge cultural icon, but I was never into his music at all. But it certainly is a huge loss for pop culture.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Rudo » Sat Jun 27, '09, 12:44 am

Drat, sorry to hear about Mike dieing. It is a shame that people blessed with so much as he was just can't seem to handle it all. :grumpy:
Rudo
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 192

Postby XxEnslavedNekoxX » Sat Jun 27, '09, 7:14 pm

I'd say he was more pushed to be who he was. I remember watching his story and his father was a very religious man. I know that people like to exaggerate stuff, but I've seen how far parents will push their children to try and attain their own shattered dreams. My mom tried doing it with my sister.
XxEnslavedNekoxX
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 11

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Jun 27, '09, 9:47 pm

Yeah, I saw a film clip on tv this morning of an interview Michael had done years ago with Oprah Winfrey, I think it was. In the clip he said that his father had been very hard on him as a child, and made him work hard, and had even beaten him. Also said he was scared of him, etc.

When you hear things like that, it just breaks your heart. :x

Anyway, I don't know what all went on except for what I've seen in the movie about The Jackson's, but I can see how hard it must have been for both sides...the kids as they didn't get a full childhood as they were too busy working, and the parents as they tried to push their kids so they could hopefully get a good singing career going and have a better life than maybe what their parents had going up, and having to struggle to make a living, etc. It had to be very hard on all of them, but they made their dream come true and have all turned out to be very successfull, for the most part. That is a very remarkable accomplishment for them all.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Jun 27, '09, 9:57 pm

Well, from what I heard on TV, the results of yesterday's autopsy on Michael didn't show up very much, so they are going to have to wait 4-6 weeks for more test results to come in for more information.

I read today that the family has decided to do their own 2nd autopsy, so maybe they will find out more.

Funeral plans are still undecided as yet.

Also, Time magazine has announced a special issue devoted to Michael:

http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/27/time-mag- ... son-issue/

Also, here's what Lisa Marie Presley (daughter of Elvis Presley) who was also married to Michael Jackson a few years ago, had to say:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31571597/
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment