Now Peter Fernandez is dead.

Discussion of television, movies, and other forms of moving pictures.

Now Peter Fernandez is dead.

Postby MrKite » Fri Jul 16, '10, 5:38 am

First Carl Macek, then Ronnie James Dio, and now the voice of the main character of the first anime I ever got hooked on:Speed Racer! R.I.P. Peter! I'm going to miss you just as much as Carl Macek!
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Re: Now Peter Fernandez is dead.

Postby Thoul » Fri Jul 16, '10, 5:53 am

I was never much into Speed Racer, but I think his work there is unforgettable for anyone who saw any episodes. He had a long career beyond that, too. I never knew this fellow's name before now, so I looked up his career a little. Turns out that he worked on a lot of other shows I watched when growing up. Even a few Godzilla movies! He'll be missed.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby MrKite » Fri Jul 16, '10, 5:59 am

I heard once that he also worked on Battle of the Planets (aka G-Force, and of course by it's original japanese name:Gatchaman), but fans of the show have denied he had any involvement with it. He also worked on the anime called Marine Boy, and he worked on some of Cartoon Network's original titles such as Courage the Cowardly Dog.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Jul 16, '10, 6:39 am

Sorry to hear of his passing. I wasn't familiar with his name but I was very fond of Speed Racer years ago. That was one of my fave cartoon shows and is one of my favorite theme songs. Glad to see that they have revived it all these past few years.
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Return to Screen Scene