Metalheads unite!

Get up and move your body to the beat of music discussions.

Re: Metalheads unite!

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue Aug 31, '10, 2:46 pm

I've recently been totally addicted to Amorphis.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby LordKaiok » Tue Aug 31, '10, 6:53 pm

Haha. Hell, y'know what, for convinience, just gonna list off all (or at least almost all, may not be able to remember some >.>) of the metal bands I currently listen to, you guys could do the same, and that way we can all expand our libraries...well, somewhat anyway, since I get the feeling I'm not gonna list too much new. And of course, comments about some bands welcome!....and don't expect any sort of order, heh.

Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, Iwrestledabearonce, GWAR, Lamb of God, The Faceless, Gojira, Through The Eyes of The Dead, Amon Amarth, Einherjar, Therion, Tiamat, Avantasia, Edguy, Kamelot, Job For A Cowboy, Carnifex, Impending Doom, Demon Hunter, -some- Mastodon, Dark Tranquillity, Opeth, Children of Bodom, Behemoth, Metallica, Pantera, Rob Zombie, Crow's Claw, Iron ATTACK!, Sonata Arctica, God Forbid, Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth, Bolt Thrower, Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet for my Valentine, Ozzy, Devil Driver, Testament, 3 Inches of Blood, Judas Priest, and....I'm sure there's more, but I honestly don't feel like digging through all of my cds and such.

Of course, that is just the tip of the iceburg, but hey, all music libraries should be huge =P.
LordKaiok
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 21

Postby MrKite » Wed Sep 1, '10, 4:41 am

Metal, huh? Well I can't go wrong with these:

Black Sabbath
Ozzy
Dio
Judas Priest
Motley Crue
Megadeth
Metallica
Iron Maiden
Anthrax
Motorhead
Savatage
Queensryche
Dangerous Toys
Manowar
Kick Axe (That's a cool name for a band!)

While I'm at it, I'll share with you one song from each band that I really like:

Last edited by MrKite on Wed Sep 1, '10, 4:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat May 3, '14, 2:19 pm

I'm going to resurrect this old thread for two reasons. For one, it appears we've been getting a lot of metalheads here lately considering it's such a tiny community. Secondly, after looking back at this, I've seen how much even within metal, my musical taste has evolved considerably. Sure, I still love those old bands I mentioned way back when, but I've now gained a FAR greater appreciation for metal and general and a few specific sub genres I barely cared for 4+ years ago.

So yeah. Metal. It's awesome. \m/

Go and post about metal here!
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby PathfinderCS » Sat May 3, '14, 6:31 pm

I kinda burnt myself out on myself on music some weeks back, but I still hold a love for metal. My tastes haven't evolved all that much, but trying bands like Stratovarius and Kamelot in recent months has been a good experience.
"I'd say the sky's the limit!" - Spyro
PathfinderCS
Agent
Agent

Location: With the stars, sailing the blackness of the universe.
Achievements: 20

Postby LordKaiok » Sun May 4, '14, 6:28 pm

Hahaha oh wow. Made this aaaaages ago.

My musical tastes have steadily been changing. I've been falling further away from death metal, though of course there are still bands that I still listen to (Cannibal Corpse, Six Feet Under, Carnifex, etc.)

Nowadays I'm looking for more and more melody, more relaxing tunes. I've recently refound my love for Power Metal, because come on, it's EPIC AS ALL GET OUT :D. Sonata, Stratovarius, Kamelot, Elvenking. . .

And of course, I cannot stop recommending Gojira. Everything about them is aural bliss and finding a band that does that to me just blows me away.

Keep on slammin' those heads and bodies! \m/
LordKaiok
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 21

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun May 4, '14, 7:28 pm

LordKaiok wrote:And of course, I cannot stop recommending Gojira. Everything about them is aural bliss and finding a band that does that to me just blows me away.

This this this 1000 times this plus another million! I saw them last year and my boyfriend, my brother and I have tickets to see them again on the 16th of this month on their US tour with Mastodon! Could not come at a better time, as my finals will have ended that week and a ticket to the show made a GREAT graduation gift to my brother, who's receiving his Ph.D. at the end of the month.

Wolf Bird

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun May 4, '14, 8:50 pm

Wolf Bird wrote: Could not come at a better time, as my finals will have ended that week and a ticket to the show made a GREAT graduation gift to my brother, who's receiving his Ph.D. at the end of the month.

Congrats to your brother on that worthy accomplishment!! :clap:
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby myau56 » Sun May 4, '14, 9:07 pm

Yes, congratulations to your brother, Wolf Bird ! :clap:
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Hukos » Fri May 16, '14, 7:30 pm

Maybe I'm odd, but Power Metal never really "clicked" with me. I suppose I just have a maximum cheese tolerance.

Trad, Doom and Black are still tops though.
Last edited by Hukos on Fri May 16, '14, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I feel the way you would
Hukos
Android
Android

Achievements: 41

PreviousNext

Return to Tootin' Tunes