Metal music

Get up and move your body to the beat of music discussions.

Re: Metal music

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Jun 27, '09, 2:43 pm

I love Opeth, but I can't say I care for Killswitch Engage. I really didn't like what I heard when they played at the Disturbed concert. Granted, I missed part of it because I was out getting my Lacuna Coil CD signed by the band, but I still heard most of it and didn't like it much.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Darkil » Sat Jun 27, '09, 3:04 pm

Well that doesn't surprise me since you did say earlier that you didn't care much for the screaming whereas I enjoy screaming and growling along with clean singing :) If you can stomach the vocals, they have some great guitar and drum work. One band you should definitely check out is Dream Theater. They are by far the most accomplished musicians and they're not as mainstream as they should get credit for. Each band member is a Maestro [sp?] in the music field and the lead singer [if I remember correctly] has had voice training in classical opera. Granted he doesn't really sing like that in the band but they're awesome none the less.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Jun 27, '09, 3:32 pm

I already know about Dream Theater. Only problem is that I just haven't cared for much of their stuff since Scenes from a Memory. Which was amazing.
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby Darkil » Sat Jun 27, '09, 3:37 pm

Well Train of Thought was a good album. I'm interested in hearing Black Clouds and Silver Linings since it was stated by Jordan Rudass that they delved into the Gothic style of music on that one.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby GhostVoices » Sat Jun 27, '09, 6:53 pm

Caged Wolf wrote:I already know about Dream Theater. Only problem is that I just haven't cared for much of their stuff since Scenes from a Memory. Which was amazing.

If you ask me, Rush has been and always will be Superior to Dream Theater. Although DT had some good songs here and there, I just think that there is rarely enough substance in a lot of their music. Just my opinion though ;)
http://astralvoidrecords.blogspot.com For the best in Music,Games,Movies, Books, and more!
GhostVoices
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 8

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Jun 27, '09, 7:43 pm

I'm a fan of Rush too. :D

Wolf Bird

Postby GhostVoices » Sat Jun 27, '09, 7:47 pm

Yeah, and the fact that they can continue to put on a killer live show after 40 years as a band is amazing!

They also continue to release excellent albums, and have released music of a near consistant quality with almost every single album :D
http://astralvoidrecords.blogspot.com For the best in Music,Games,Movies, Books, and more!
GhostVoices
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 8

Postby Atlinsmere » Sun Jul 19, '09, 6:10 am

Right now for metal bands, all I can think of is this.

Spineshank
Disturbed
Avenged Sevenfold
Stone Sour
Five Finger Death Punch
Slipknot

And a few others which I can't seem to recall atm.

Until I remember, I'm gonna listen to some Spineshank
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Previous

Return to Tootin' Tunes