Metal music

Get up and move your body to the beat of music discussions.

Metal music

Postby GhostVoices » Fri Jun 26, '09, 5:42 pm

I have seen that a few other people here besides myself are apparently into Metal music, so I felt like starting a topic on the subject :D

For those who are into Metal, list some of your favorite bands/artists and also sub-genre's too if you like :)

Some of my personal favorite bands are:

Summoning, Elffor, Darkflight, Leviathan, Sear Bliss, Procer Veneficus, and like a trillion others ;)

Basically, almost all of my favorite Metal music is a bit on the atmosphere-heavy side, although I like some other stuff too. What about the rest of you?
http://astralvoidrecords.blogspot.com For the best in Music,Games,Movies, Books, and more!
GhostVoices
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 8

Re: Metal music

Postby XxEnslavedNekoxX » Fri Jun 26, '09, 6:03 pm

Finnish Metal and Symphonic Metal for me

Nightwish
Sonata Arctica
Lunatica
Lullacry
Apocalyptica
Lordi
XxEnslavedNekoxX
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 11

Postby Darkil » Fri Jun 26, '09, 6:38 pm

I generally lean towards heavy stuff/symphonic death metal. A few of my favorites are :

Dismember
Stormlord
Graveworm
Chimaira
Byzantine
Arch Enemy
Iconoclast
Testament

Former favorites :
Entombed [they completely changed their style and it doesn't fit them]
Six Feet Under[was great until Chris Barnes announced that he relied on weed to write anything. Really? All you write about is death, carnage and pain...you really need weed to write about that?]

Of course my all time favorite band is GWAR :happy_marle: :happy_marle:
There are a lots of other bands out there but I'm at work and don't remember the names, lol
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby GhostVoices » Fri Jun 26, '09, 6:45 pm

Stormlord is pretty cool, and I like Graveworm's older albums...but they have been heading downhill recently
:(

Also, I quite like Entombed both new and old. Oh, and GWAR is quite cool also!

Can't really comment on the others you listed though.
http://astralvoidrecords.blogspot.com For the best in Music,Games,Movies, Books, and more!
GhostVoices
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Postby Darkil » Fri Jun 26, '09, 8:27 pm

Yeah I love Stormlord because of the awesome melodies they crunch out there. I have Nutopia by Graveworm and I really liked the CD...I haven't heard much of their older stuff though....

Entombed was awesome when they were still a "death" metal band but they kinda went in the direction of just rock, which isn't bad, but after hearing them for years as "death" metal, it just doesn't sound the same
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Postby Darkil » Fri Jun 26, '09, 8:28 pm

Oh I forgot to mention that Decapitated is pretty awesome
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Jun 26, '09, 10:50 pm

There are already a few topics about metal music, but they're buried somewhere in the music forum, so...

Let's see, some of my favorites...

Sonata Arctica
Symphony X
Opeth
Scar Symmetry
Disturbed
Olympos Mons
Slayer
Wolf

And I could list many more...but I can't say I really learn to any specific genre. About the only generalization I can make is that I generally don't like bands that do PURE scream or death vocals, I need some clean singing in there.

I'm always looking for chances to get to concerts when I can afford them. So far, I've seen Opeth (opened by Devin Townsend and Dark Tranquillity), Sonata Arctica (opened by the Agonist...didn't care for them), and most recently, Disturbed on their 'Music as a Weapon' tour when they stopped in the city where I attended college. They were joined by Killswitch Engage, Chimaira and Lacuna Coil (and got their newest album a day before official release ^_^). Awesome night.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby GhostVoices » Sat Jun 27, '09, 1:11 am

I love Opeth,Devin Townsend, and Dark Tranquillity, although I can't say i'm too big on some of the other groups you mentioned. By the way, I do sell a fair amount of Metal CD's in my webstore if anyone's interested, and I will even do some special orders if asked :)

Anyway, I am always looking for new groups to check out, so be sure to ask me for band suggestions or you may be able to suggest ME some bands as well :)
GhostVoices
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Postby Lucas » Sat Jun 27, '09, 11:20 am

Yeah metal is pretty sweet it’s the only genre of music I listen too. But metal is broken up into many sub-categories and I listen to a variety of them also. Anyways my favourite metal bands would be:

Disturbed (Number one favourite)
Slayer
Avenged Sevenfold
Nile
In Flames
Slipknot
Korn
and a few others. BTW they aren't listed in a particular order other than Disturbed being my favourite all time band. :wink:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Darkil » Sat Jun 27, '09, 2:06 pm

I absolutely love Opeth. Ghost Reveries is the most beautiful album I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. Killswitch Engage is a great band with awesome energy. I like Slayer for their aggression...I really could care less about most of the lyrical topics [Satan seems to be the favorite]. It would just be nice for them to branch out further than they have [but hey what they're doing now is working for them so I definitely give them kudos for sticking to their guns]. One band whom I really get into is Fear Factory. Their older stuff is awesome and Archetype is great since it's similar to their old stuff with them moving forward.
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Next

Return to Tootin' Tunes