Megaman Universe

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: Megaman Universe

Postby xellos667 » Wed Apr 6, '11, 4:11 pm

Not popular my rear. Reason why popularity may have goes down over time are because of titles such as Megaman BattleNetwork Starforce 4856. But give us a good "NEW" side-scrolling game, and people will be all over it. Can someone tell me what were the sales number outside Japan for Megaman 9 & 10? I'm pretty sure they were popular. And last time I've heard, people "ALL AROUND THE WORLD", not only Japan, were vocal about a sequel to Megaman Legends 2. I don't understand where they got that impression. Maybe because people in the US just don't want cheap side-product but REAL Megaman games, and Capcom Japan don't like that. If after the news of Megaman Universe cancellation they go after Megaman Legend 3, I will be a very sad panda indeed.
xellos667
Android
Android

Achievements: 43

Re: Megaman Universe

Postby Thoul » Tue Apr 12, '11, 5:43 pm

Hm, that's a good point. There are so many different versions of Mega Man now that the brand has become a little diluted. When I first saw that Battle Network version, I didn't recognize him as Mega Man. They really should choose just one or two visual designs (original and X, IMO) to feature in most of the games. Minor variations can work, but large redesigns just make consumers work harder to be aware of the full scope of the Mega Man games.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Previous

Return to General Gaming