dot Hack

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

dot Hack

Postby Celeith » Fri Aug 29, '08, 5:28 pm

Is a PS2 series of games about a online MMORPG. Many are familiar with the dot hack series as it has spawned Four animes so far, Seven games, and over a dozen Manga. Which series of dot hack did you get into?

For me I first saw .hack//Sign on adult swim back when there were good shows on it. I watched the adventures of Tsukasa and all the trouble they had going on in The World. After I discovered that .hack had moved to a gaming franchise, that was when I bought .hack//Infection for the PS2. I played through the adventures of Kite the twinblade and his troubles with the Twilight Bracelet. The game expanded over 4 games total, beginning with Infection, moving into Mutation, advancing to Outbreak, and finishing with Quarantine. After I beat .hack//Quarantine I later discovered that .hack Legend of the Twilight Bracelet would be airing later on Adult Swim. I picked up watching that and saw the adventures of Shugo and Rena, two siblings who had chibi formed avatars of Kite and BlackRose, 2 of the original .hackers. Even later after the short series ended .hack//Roots came out and I watched as Haseo, a new player to The Word R2 first was PK'd by two people he thought were helping him, and his adventures in the Twilight Brigade. Finishing the Anime it expands into the G.U. series for the PS2, in which I have only completed the first out of three games. I am currently in search of the second game and am hoping to finish the .hack series as it is one of my favorite series right behind The Legend of Zelda.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Lemina » Fri Aug 29, '08, 9:16 pm

The first .hack that I experienced was .hack//Sign on the Adult Swim; but I first heard of the .hack premise in (here it comes) EGM and GMR (Game magazines). .Hack was the first MMORPG that wasn't really an MMORPG, and the editors loved to make game-within-a-game jokes.
Recently, a friend of mine lended me a copy of her .hack G.U. game (First enry in the G.U series, btw.). Initially, I felt confused. "Who the heck is the 'Shino' girl that Haseo keeps mentioning?!" I later found out that there was an anime series that expanded on that story. I've yet to see said series. :sweat:

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Thoul » Fri Aug 29, '08, 9:50 pm

I never played any of the games. I caught bits and pieces of stuff Cartoon Network aired (mostly not Adult Swim, from what I recall, as opposed to what was on Adult Swim). It didn't particularly draw me in, though.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Celeith » Fri Aug 29, '08, 10:02 pm

Lemina wrote:The first .hack that I experienced was .hack//Sign on the Adult Swim; but I first heard of the .hack premise in (here it comes) EGM and GMR (Game magazines). .Hack was the first MMORPG that wasn't really an MMORPG, and the editors loved to make game-within-a-game jokes.
Recently, a friend of mine lended me a copy of her .hack G.U. game (First enry in the G.U series, btw.). Initially, I felt confused. "Who the heck is the 'Shino' girl that Haseo keeps mentioning?!" I later found out that there was an anime series that expanded on that story. I've yet to see said series. :sweat:

You'll definetely love the G.U. games. I've only gone through the first one and I love them. It does make more sence to the player if you've actually watched //Roots. Also if your not familiar with the mechanics of the .hack series then this may or may not be a spoiler for you. If you do not want this spoiled then please do not read the spoiler tag I am about to put.

Haseo is actually Sora from .hack//Sign who was put in a coma after Skeith, one of the 7 Phases rewrote its data into Sora so it could freely roam in The World unnoticed, thus putting the real player Ryou Misaki into a coma. Sora is trapped inside Skeiths wand/scythe until Kite defeats Skeith and frees him. Years later Ryou Misaki, who has forgotten he ever played in The World decides to install The World R2 and thus creates a Adept Rogue named Haseo, thus begins the events of .hack//Roots
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Return to General Gaming