Mega Man

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Mega Man

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Mar 28, '07, 9:29 pm

Mega man used to be one of my favorite games also, but I lost track of all the new games being released. Anyone know how many Mega Man games there were, or are?

What do you like best about the Mega Man games?
Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Mega Man

Postby Neithird » Wed Mar 28, '07, 10:37 pm

Oh, there are sooooo many! :o I think there were 8 or 9 games with the original Mega Man. But then they started new series based on it, like Mega Man X and Mega Man Battle Network, that only have some names in common with the original, if that much! I don't know how many of all those they made.

I think there was a collection of all the original Mega Man's games released in the last year or two. I bet that would probably be great to have. :D
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Thoul » Thu Mar 29, '07, 12:13 am

Yeah, there were eight Mega Man games. They also had Mega Man X, about a different guy named X (the letter). There were eight of those, too. The first Mega Man has a collected version with his eight main games and Mega Man X has one with six of his games on it.

I only played some of those... I think I only played the first Mega Man X and the first five plain Mega Man games. I always liked the variety of the enemies they used. Every game it was something new, interesting, and different to overcome.

There's also Mega Man Zero, Mega Man Battle, Mega Man Legends and some others. Mega Man was in a bunch of fighting games, too. All together, there's probably about 50+ different games featuring Mega Man. :o I didn't realize there were so many until I looked it up just now.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Neithird » Thu Mar 29, '07, 5:45 pm

Wow, are there really that many? :o :o I never realized Mega Man had become so popular! The last one I played was Mega Man X: Command Mission. It is a roleplaying game, so the style is very different from the earlier games. It's kind of fun, but it can be frustratingly slow at times.
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Postby Thoul » Wed Nov 28, '07, 4:47 am

Has anyone tried one of those collections I mentioned above? I've been thinking about getting them, as I actually missed a lot of the Mega Man and X games when they first came out. I was wondering how well the collections play.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby LordShibas » Thu Nov 29, '07, 4:04 pm

Gah, Mega Man is the most over used gaming character, next to Mario.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Nov 29, '07, 6:41 pm

lol, I never liked mega man, he seemed to childish for me, but then again, I've only played it through Capcom or Marvel Vs. Games, or a combination of both. Didn't he have a girlfriend? I remember something about a girl with a soccer ball, or a leave cannon or something weird like that.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby LordShibas » Thu Nov 29, '07, 10:08 pm

That would be Roll. She was an un-lockable character in marvel vs. Capcom 2.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby Neithird » Fri Nov 30, '07, 12:01 am

Roll was his sister in the early games. There was another Roll in a later game (Legends, maybe?) but I'm not sure if she was still his sister or what.
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Postby SparkyIII » Fri Nov 30, '07, 3:05 am

Alright! I knewed IT! Roll, Marvel vs. Capcom two! Do you have a favorite team? I heard if you unlock every thing you get three of the same character! XD We'd always pair up Roll and Megaman with Tron Bone or BBhood. XD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Next

Return to General Gaming