Meet Seth

A new Phantasy Star image added to the site three days a week!

Postby Srijita » Wed Sep 3, '08, 7:54 pm

[face=Times New Roman]
Rune_Walsh wrote:The latter, definitely... but he looked the part. ;)

Oh, completely!

Rune_Walsh wrote: I wondered about his outift. Why did Kyra not recognize that Rune was a higher esper? Rune's style of dress was very formal, I think, and gave off the impression that he was a character of importance. Just my wonderings, anyway...

With regard to Kyra, I think the scene at the entrance to the Inner Sanctuary is quite revealing. The guards won’t let Kyra through until Rune intervenes and instructs them to do so. This arouses Chaz’s suspicion and he gasps: “Rune?”

Kyra, however, does not appear particularly surprised by this. She remains completely unfazed as Rune tells the others about the Inner Sanctuary and Lutz’s room. When Rune explains that Lutz is no longer of this world, she protests: “Besides, we are all believers, aren’t we?”

I suspect the “we” in this case refers to both herself and Rune. The overall impression from these scenes is that Kyra does realise that Rune is one of her fellow Espers, and possibly quite a senior figure, on whose authority she can enter the Inner Sanctuary. Since they do not appear to have any prior acquaintance, she must have come to her conclusions based on his attire, general demeanour, and possibly his magic repertoire, if she witnessed him fighting the Carnivorous Trees. It may be customary for some Espers to be away from the Mansion for extended periods, and she presumes that Rune is one of them. What she doesn't suspect is just how senior he really is... :wink:

Incidentally, the fact that Kyra and Rune never got to know each other as children, or trained together, suggests to me that their age-gap must be quite significant.
[/face]
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 15

Postby Srijita » Wed Sep 3, '08, 8:10 pm

[face=Times New Roman]
newsblade wrote:This is probably wrong, but at least I can show +/- my idea of ages in PSIV

There is no “right” or “wrong” in any instance where the game itself is not explicit. :wink:

Rune’s and Alys’s ages were deliberately blanked out by the programmers to allow scope for individual interpretation (and potentially, to encourage precisely this type of debate). The wide variations in the outward manifestations of age allow us considerable leeway in defining their characters.

I envision Alys’s history with Rune as an intense, protracted, and passionate relationship between two adults, which creates a bond that persists for many years (albeit attended, in Alys’s case, with a degree of sadness and even bitterness). Neither puppy love nor teenage friendships of a few years' duration typically create that type of bond (although there are obviously exceptions). But my interpretation will necessarily be influenced by own experiences and is just as subjective as anyone else's. :)
[/face]
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 15

Re: Meet Seth

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Oct 21, '17, 9:24 pm

Bumping up this former Image Of The Day!

Interesting posts above regarding Seth and his looks, etc.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Snorb » Sun Oct 22, '17, 1:50 am

Seth: Hello, there! I'm Seth! Pleased to meet y'all!
Chaz: Heya! I'm Chaz Ashley and these are my pals, Rika and Wren! And that guy in the distance giving you the stink-eye is the biggest jerk who ever jerked around Algo, Rune. I don't think he likes me.
Rune: (from God knows where) I don't.
Chaz: =(
Seth: Well, I like ya! Come, Chaz, let's explore Soldier's Temple together and I'll totally make sure none of the traps crush you like a locusta, or tear your intestines out through your eyeholes, or age you a couple thousand years in seconds, or some other horrible stuff!
Chaz: Yay!

Rune: (grumble mumble chant) C'mon, shake his hand, damn it.
Rika: Rune? Are you okay?
Wren: Those chants and somatic gestures resemble those you use to cast the Legeon spell...
Rune: I know. I'm waiting for the guy setting off my Lutz Sense to get close to Our Idiot. If I fry 'em both I can use that spell slot for something else.
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby myau56 » Sun Oct 22, '17, 7:39 pm

SETH : I didn't realize that Nobuo Uematsu was in PSIV ! :rofl:
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Mar 23, '23, 4:32 pm

Good view of Seth. Interesting posts above about the ages of the group, etc.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby myau56 » Fri Mar 24, '23, 11:14 am

This SETH is still always so mysterious ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Previous

Return to Featured Images