Meet Nora

Companions of all kinds - furry, feathered, fishy and more!

Meet Nora

Postby Tanith » Tue May 4, '10, 11:14 am

I hope these picture aren't too huge. Here's the Tanith Family's new girl, Nora. I was hoping to find a more interesting German name for her because I'm a nerd like that, but Nora stuck. It goes well with our ultra-German surname, too. She's a sweetheart, very active (she's only a year old), has only a mild chewing/destroying habit (so far pine cones and tissues are favorites), is getting along fairly well with our cat, and loves our two boys to pieces. She's going to be the perfect dog as soon as she gets some basic training, which we're already signed up for.

She won't hold still, so I had to enlist my husband to help her face the camera (hence the random foot in the photo):
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Re: Meet Nora

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue May 4, '10, 1:01 pm

She's cuuuuuuuuuuute! :D
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Thoul » Tue May 4, '10, 4:00 pm

She looks very happy! It sounds like she makes a great addition to your family. :)
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue May 4, '10, 6:42 pm

Wow, that's a big dog! She looks content and eager to get to know her new surroundings. Wish all of you the best and hope you will be very happy together. Keep us informed on how she's doing. :)
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Tanith » Wed May 5, '10, 9:14 pm

Thanks, everyone! She's settling in much better now. She's not nearly as interested in the cat, but we also put up a baby gate to block her from going upstairs so the cat has a sanctuary now. Plus, she's not supposed to be really active right now because she was just spayed last week. This will give both animals a chance to cool off in their own spaces until they know each other better.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Rune_Walsh » Wed May 5, '10, 11:04 pm

Awwwwwww! She is so cute, Tanith! She's really dark and seemingly short-hared for a German Shepherd -- more Alsatian -- much like Hans, my GSD:

my-dog-vt4119.html

She is just gorgeous! I love that mischievous expression on her face. German Shepherds are so intelligent, that they probably plot. :D
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Tanith » Thu May 6, '10, 1:26 am

Yes, the breed seems super-smart and plotting. Nora was training me today, on how to know when she was ready to go outside. She kept butting my hands and whining while I was trying to get some housework done, and I mistakenly thought she just wanted to play. I kept tossing her toys to her and she kept giving me that, "No, you stupid human!" look and would go back to nudging my hands. Finally I let her out (she had just gone out to relieve herself, so I didn't think it was time again) and she immediately went to the bathroom. She glared at me the entire time. Oops! At least I'm trained now!

Hans is such a handsome feller! He looks a lot like Nora. She is mostly black like her pictures suggest, and it's hard to see, but her tan is a fairly dark tan (her coat got washed out from the flash).
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Lucas » Thu May 6, '10, 4:42 am

Wow, what an awesome looking dog you have Tanith. I’m glad she’s fitting in well. :)

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Tanith » Fri May 7, '10, 5:09 am

Thanks, Lucas! :)
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Return to Amazing Animals