Meet my new friend!

Companions of all kinds - furry, feathered, fishy and more!

Meet my new friend!

Postby MrKite » Fri May 8, '15, 1:38 am

I saw this guy twice hanging around behind the TD Bank in my area next to the supermarket, and today was the second time I saw him and I decided to take him in and give him a home. I can't afford to get him vaccinated or neutered at the moment, but that's a risk I'm willing to take. I don't think I have anything to fear from him though. He seems to like me, and is getting along with my other cat. I named him Herbert by the way.
Attachments
2015-05-07-201958.jpg
2015-05-07-201958.jpg (35.99 KiB) Viewed 3929 times
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Re: Meet my new friend!

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri May 8, '15, 4:54 am

Well, he's pretty! Big eyes, too, though he may just look surprised if he is still adjusting to a new home. Glad he's getting along with your other cat.

On vaccination and getting him neutered, check your local/state laws...some places have pretty strict laws in place for domestic animals about those issues, especially if the animal is allowed outside. Unneutered male cats also mark their territory in an extremely....pungent way.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Bragatyr » Fri May 8, '15, 4:58 am

A very handsome fellow! I think it's awesome that you took him in, it always breaks my heart to see animals lost and abandoned around businesses and places like that.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby MrKite » Fri May 8, '15, 5:24 am

Bragatyr wrote:A very handsome fellow! I think it's awesome that you took him in, it always breaks my heart to see animals lost and abandoned around businesses and places like that.

Me too. At first I was a little nervous being that he was a stray and all, but he really liked when I pet him and this time I felt I couldn't just leave him behind. So far my other cat has tried to strike at him at least once though.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri May 8, '15, 5:33 pm

He is a beautiful cat! I applaud you for giving him a home with a safe shelter and food and love. Three things a cat needs most.

I understand completely about the cost of having a cat spayed/neutered as it can really add up to be expensive in some areas especially if you have more than one cat (which we do). You may want to check around and see if there are any low-cost or free options in your area as some times they may have a free spa day or low cost option at some places. I agree with Wolf Bird completely about the male cats marking their territory as we went through this and it definitely is not fun inside, however, having our inside male cats fixed seem to take care of this problem.

Hopefully, both cats will become friendly over time once they get better acquainted. Good luck!!
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri May 8, '15, 5:58 pm

That's a great suggestion, Silver. It is definitely worth seeing what low-cost services may be available to get his shots updated and get him neutered. Your local humane society may be a good resource to start with. At the very least, they may be able to point you in the right direction. Some vets may also offer payment plans to make the services more affordable.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby MrKite » Fri May 8, '15, 8:12 pm

I'll have to consider that when I get paid again next month. Anyway, he's hung out by the window most of the day and now he's on the couch.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Postby myau56 » Sat Dec 24, '16, 12:00 pm

What a beautiful cat ! Mine is not very far from it but this one is "far more" beautiful ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Return to Amazing Animals