McDonald's prices go up

Warning: Talking about food might make you hungry. ;)

McDonald's prices go up

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Oct 25, '10, 10:01 pm

McDonald's will be going up on some of their prices to help offset the increase in prices they are facing, etc.:

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/busin ... 9002.shtml

Will you still eat at McD's even if paying a higher price to do so?

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: McDonald's prices go up

Postby H-Man » Mon Oct 25, '10, 10:44 pm

My wife loves McD's, which is comparatively expensive here. I'll continue to eat there on the same frequency I eat there now (about twice a month).
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Postby Thoul » Tue Oct 26, '10, 1:35 am

Even thought it is my favorite fast food joint, I rarely eat out at McDonald's anyway. This isn't likely to have much of an effect for me. Maybe I'll get a smaller order of fries occasionally.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Jack Lias » Sun Nov 7, '10, 4:01 am

I don't think they realize that it's becoming harder to live without increasing wages or salaries, so in the long run, won't they actually be making less money?

Well, if you're talking about an increase of five or ten cents, I don't think it'll matter. However, if you're talking about a price increase of one or two dollars, then yeah, I know a lot of people who will stop eating there.
Jack Lias
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 34

Postby Thoul » Mon Nov 8, '10, 8:16 pm

A price check of the local store's menu revealed that my typical order, the quarter pounder, is currently $2.99. When a hamburger tops $3, it's time for me to eat somewhere else. For that price I could get a couple of days' worth of dinners from the grocery store.

One thing I recently learned about McDonald's, which I didn't really like, is that each individual store can set their own prices. That's why you won't find pricing information on the company's official web site. One store might charge $2 for an item, while another could charge $3 for the same thing.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Delectable Delicacies