Allergy warnings on labels

Warning: Talking about food might make you hungry. ;)

Allergy warnings on labels

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Dec 9, '08, 11:37 pm

Do you ever notice the labels on the foods you buy?

I don't usually notice them too much, but I was fixing something to eat and noticed there was an allergy warning on the label of something I had. It said something like this:

"ALLERGY WARNING: Contains wheat, soybeans.
ALLERGY ALERT: Manufactured in a facility that processes milk, eggs, Macadamia Nuts, Pecans, Walnuts, Peanuts."

I have eaten this product many times and never noticed these alerts and never seemed to have a problem, but it was kinda a shock to see it nonetheless. I do know some people are allergic to nuts, etc., and it is a possible life and death situation for them. So, it's good to have this warning on the labels. I guess this also means I'm not allergic to any of this stuff because it doesn't seem to bother me.

How about you? Are you allergic to any of these food items or other foods? Do you look at food labels before you buy the foods?

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Wed Dec 10, '08, 12:56 am

I'm not allergic to any foods that I know of, so I don't pay much attention to that sort of thing.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Dec 10, '08, 5:22 am

More or less, I just have dislikes. As far as I know I'm like Thoul and don't have any allergic reactions to any food.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Return to Delectable Delicacies