McD's new drink

Warning: Talking about food might make you hungry. ;)

McD's new drink

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Nov 16, '13, 7:46 pm

McDonald's has a new drink item added to their menu:

http://www.delish.com/food/recalls-revi ... late-mocha

It maybe for a limited time and may be in a limited area. Check your local restaurants to see if they are participating in this promotion.

If anyone tries one of these, let us know how it tastes.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: McD's new drink

Postby S4Blade » Sun Nov 17, '13, 12:00 am

I just saw this article on yahoo: http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/breakout ... 48367.html

It's about how McDonald's coffee drinks are hurting their core business and causing the worst service they have delivered to their customers in history. I guess it makes sense. Waiting for someone to get their fancy coffee drink is likely going to take some time, and putting that scenario into a fast food work environment kind of goes the opposite way of what they are aiming for: fast service.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Re: McD's new drink

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Nov 17, '13, 12:52 am

Very interesting article VistaBlade. I enjoyed reading that.

It may be true in some ways that McD's coffee drinks and other special drinks are hurting them somewhat, however, from reading some of the comments associated with the article, I would have to agree with some of those folks that there are other things that are hurting McD's possibly more than just special drinks. One thing, and perhaps maybe the biggest thing overall, might be the inability of the workers in some restaurants to actually be competent and get people's orders right. I don't know if some of them are inexperienced or just don't know what they are doing or are perhaps trying too hard to get it done fast that they make mistakes and thereby dish out the wrong food or food that is not actually tasty, etc. (as in cold hard fries, or burgers with the wrong fixings, etc.).

Also, another thing that probably is hurting McD's is that more and more people are deciding to eat healthier foods, and thereby eating at other places or just eating at home more.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Return to Delectable Delicacies