McD's Ketchup

Warning: Talking about food might make you hungry. ;)

McD's Ketchup

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Nov 4, '13, 6:38 pm

McDonald's is no longer going to use Heinz Ketchup with their food items:

http://money.msn.com/business-news/arti ... =ansmony11

Will this new change in condiments (ketchup) affect you at all?

And, what do you think of the reason why they are dropping Heinz Ketchup after all these years according to the article?

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: McD's Ketchup

Postby S4Blade » Mon Nov 4, '13, 10:47 pm

It won't affect me. The only thing I will eat at McDonalds are McFlurries, and I can't exactly put ketchup on those now can I?
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Postby Rylen » Tue Nov 5, '13, 12:30 am

I think the reason is stupid. I think the "Fancy Ketchup" is about as tasteful as leather put into a microwave. Then again I also think that goes for pretty much most of their food as it is. Many better fast food choices. McD's is cheap for a reason.
Rylen
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 49

Postby Tweeg » Tue Nov 5, '13, 1:31 am

Very stupid reasoning. But like Rylen, I don't eat there so why should I care?

Heinz ketchup isn't even real ketchup anyways, but then again neither is Del Monte or Hunt's standard line. To my knowledge, Hunt's is the only brand out that even still offers real ketchup, and they do so as a premium product... which is quite tasty and worth the extra dollar price in my opinion.

Heinz and Del Monte made the switch to a fake ketchup years ago, which consists mainly of artificially flavored and colored corn syrup. Mmmm, yuck. And I wasn't aware that McDonalds regarded their fries as being famous... my only memories of their fries is that of them always being over salted, over-cooked, or both over salted and over cooked. Maybe that's why the artificial ketchup was so important, specially formulated to mask the otherwise terrible fries. :yaknow:
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Nov 6, '13, 2:24 am

Tweeg wrote:
Heinz ketchup isn't even real ketchup anyways, but then again neither is Del Monte or Hunt's standard line. To my knowledge, Hunt's is the only brand out that even still offers real ketchup, and they do so as a premium product... which is quite tasty and worth the extra dollar price in my opinion.

I switched from Heinz to Hunt's years ago. However, even Hunt's (the regular stuff) hasn't tasted like real ketchup to me in a long time. I didn't know about the Hunt's premium stuff until reading your post and will be certain to look for that next time I'm at the store. I'm always in such a hurry trying to get in and get out fast that I just haven't taken the trouble to compare brands and such. I want to give this premium Hunt's a try though. Will let you know what I think of it after I have tried it.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Return to Delectable Delicacies