Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: McD's flops
PostPosted: Thu Sep 1, '11, 9:23 pm 
Look at some of these items from McDonald's that flopped, or failed, for some reason. Do you miss any of them?

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/ar ... bizinsider

OMG!!! I miss the McDLT...that was my very favorite!! :x

Post subject: Re: McD's flops
PostPosted: Fri Sep 2, '11, 10:01 am 
I miss the super size deals.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 3, '11, 4:20 am 
I remember those big styrofoam packages for the McDLT. In retrospec they were definitely not environmentally friendly, but at the time I thought they were really neat.

Super size was sort of nice too, but I didn't get those much. It's sort of a shame that it go so much bad press from intentional sabotage. Sure, it wasn't healthy to eat nothing else for a month, but anyone could have told the guy that was a bad idea before he started.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 3, '11, 3:45 pm 
Thoul wrote: Super size was sort of nice too, but I didn't get those much. It's sort of a shame that it go so much bad press from intentional sabotage. Sure, it wasn't healthy to eat nothing else for a month, but anyone could have told the guy that was a bad idea before he started.

Exactly, and you know what else? Other people have done the same thing and got results WAAAAY different from what Morgan Spurlock did (I'm assuming you are referring to Super Size Me.) His results, in fact, are rather extraordinary compared to other people who have done fast food/McDonald's only diets for a month. Check it out.

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4088

PostPosted: Mon Sep 5, '11, 9:06 pm 
That's just sad. So it turns out Spurlock was forcing himself to overeat and then blaming it on the company. I wish the results of those independent studies, the ones with actual documentation and scientific controls, had been as widely promoted. I suppose negative headlines make better six o'clock news bites than "McDonald's food not so bad after all."

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]